Sources: Thunder, Carmelo Anthony to part ways this summer | Syracusefan.com

Sources: Thunder, Carmelo Anthony to part ways this summer

Link up with kyrie and butler in NYC or Chicago

I'd like to see him go to a decent team who could use him.

Washington, Indiana, or Portland come to mind as interesting teams he could join.

Houston

I know they were trying to get him last year, but he's declined a lot. Not sure they have a lot of interest in him.

I would say Lakers first, then I guess Houston second

Because Melo needs to be the scapegoat for another big name team? I hope its houston or east
Well if he went to the Wizards, he could share scapegoating responsibilities with Howard and Jeff Green.

The novelty of Lebron and Melo playing together.

Melos a future Hall of famer. He will be fine.

I agree with that, itd be nice to witness.

Melo also would walk into a starting role alongside Kuz as the go -to perimeter and mid range players.

Dc kind of near his hometown. Good team good pg to get him looks. Not sure their cap situation.

Houston.

Him and Chris Paul are best friends and Ariza conveniently just left.
I would agree with Houston. Lakers have too many forwards, so unlikely he is going there unless more people are moving around.

Man. Would've been nice to see him hook up with Lebron 5 years ago. It'd still be nice if they could team up to bring Melo a ring.

I would agree with Houston. Lakers have too many forwards, so unlikely he is going there unless more people are moving around.

Wouldnt mind a Lillard, Lebron, Melo team.

Sounds like LA, Houston, Portland or Miami. None are ideal though.

Houston would just be OKC redux in terms of his role as a stand-on-the-perimeter shooter.

LA's forward spots are crowded with Melo having to be ok coming off the bench for 20 minutes a game unless he resurrects his game alongside Lebron and warrants time over Ingram and Kuzma.

Portland and Miami have zero chance to challenge GSW but allow him playoff teams with starters minutes.

I am a bit torn. Do I want to see him go to a championship caliber team and likely play a diminished role or go to a mediocre team and be the man? Honestly, I think I'd like to see him break loose and go off on a scoring run and be on a team that might not contend for a championship but at least go to the playoffs.

Sounds like LA, Houston, Portland or Miami. None are ideal though.

Houston would just be OKC redux in terms of his role as a stand-on-the-perimeter shooter.

LA's forward spots are crowded with Melo having to be ok coming off the bench for 20 minutes a game unless he resurrects his game alongside Lebron and warrants time over Ingram and Kuzma.

Portland and Miami have zero chance to challenge GSW but allow him playoff teams with starters minutes.

I think Houston is a much better fit than OKC. Chris Paul is not Westbrook. Harden can be tough to play with, but I’d say Russ is tougher.

If he could accept a reduced role, I think he’d be fine there. Unlike OKC, I think they could make better use of someone who can do more on offense than just spot up and bomb 3’s.

I am a bit torn. Do I want to see him go to a championship caliber team and likely play a diminished role or go to a mediocre team and be the man? Honestly, I think I'd like to see him break loose and go off on a scoring run and be on a team that might not contend for a championship but at least go to the playoffs.

Being the man on a mediocre team describes Melos NBA career for the last eight years.

Being the man on a mediocre team describes Melos NBA career for the last eight years.

Exactly. We’ve seen that. He’s going into his 16th(!!!) season. B-ball wise he is ancient. He doesn’t need to be the man and his body probably isn’t up to it more than once a week anyways. Get him on a contender that will let him play to his strengths - just in fewer minutes- rather than try to make him something he’s not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom