Sparty's Nix Arrested | Syracusefan.com

Sparty's Nix Arrested

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://t.co/FnMg7VHJ

April 03, 2012

Nix arrested

MSU's Derrick Nix was arrested Monday night in East Lansing on charges of operating a vehicle with the presence of drugs and marijuana possession, according to East Lansing 54-B District Court records.

Operating with the presence of drugs is a 93-day misdemeanor, and marijuana possession is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a year in jail. Nix was still in the 54-B jail as of noon today and had not yet been arraigned, according to a court clerk.

Tom Izzo couldn't be reached immediately and we're waiting to hear official comment from MSU. Stay tuned.

But, aren't head coaches supposed to control every second of every players' personal lives? A college student in the viscinity of marijuana? IZZO SHOULD BE FIRED!!!

LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!!!!! IZZO SHOULD RESIGN!!!!!

This is Sparty being Sparty.

This is the same school that had a player released from prison and back at football practice that afternoon.

Izzo Speaks
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2012/04/michigan_state_coach_tom_izzo_19.html

“You know, it's an interesting dynamic here because two years ago I didn't know if Nix would be here, to be honest with you,” Izzo said last week. “His philosophy and mine were white and black. They were just completely different. I don't mean white and black racially, I mean white and black color.

clinton-wince.jpg