specific poster notifications | Syracusefan.com

specific poster notifications

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
just an idea I thought of, sites like facebook and twitter you can type in "@" and then someones handle.. So for some posts where people put as the title...Jake/Francis recruiting question, if the person were to put @Jake/@francis, and those 2 were to get a specific notification for it, it could be a helpful tool.

Great idea. Just yesterday a few posters added me to facebook. I had to spend an hour after, searching through each thread looking for all the "man, CuseTroop is really handsome" posts. They could have just tagged me! ;)

I dont know how much control the Admins have over tapatalk, but I wouldnt mind being able to get notifications on my phone when someone responds to a thread that I posted in. Or when someone sends me a PM, I can never tell on my phone, ill get it later when I check the computer.

Just like facebook, this place needs a dislike button! Other than that, this board is pretty awesome. Big ups Admins!

Agreed. I'd love to get new notifications whenever I make a post. I'm hilarious, I love reading my posts.

Great idea. Just yesterday a few posters added me to facebook. I had to spend an hour after, searching through each thread looking for all the "man, CuseTroop is really handsome" posts. They could have just tagged me! ;)

I dont know how much control the Admins have over tapatalk, but I wouldnt mind being able to get notifications on my phone when someone responds to a thread that I posted in. Or when someone sends me a PM, I can never tell on my phone, ill get it later when I check the computer.

Just like facebook, this place needs a dislike button! Other than that, this board is pretty awesome. Big ups Admins!
FYI I, the developers of Xenforo don't like the concept of a dislike button and say it will never happen. They think it leads to no good.

FYI II, you can get alerts when someone responds to a thread you posted in, when someone sends you a message, etc. You have a lot of control over how and why you receive alerts on this board.

Go to your account by clicking on your user name in the header of the board in the right center area and select Alert Preferences.

Or, I think this link might get your there as well.

Regarding specific poster notifications, I will do some research to see what can be done...

FYI I, the developers of Xenforo don't like the concept of a dislike button and say it will never happen. They think it leads to no good.

FYI II, you can get alerts when someone responds to a thread you posted in, when someone sends you a message, etc. You have a lot of control over how and why you receive alerts on this board.

Go to your account by clicking on your user name in the header of the board in the right center area and select Alert Preferences.

Or, I think this link might get your there as well.

Regarding specific poster notifications, I will do some research to see what can be done...
thank you kind sir

Unless I am misinterpreting the request, I think this can be done by 'Following' that poster. To do this, click on the poster's name link in one of their posts, and click on the 'Follow' link in the popup window that appears. For example, if I wanted to follow sutomcat and I performed the above process, I would be notified in 'Alerts' whenever sutomcat posted.

Unless I am misinterpreting the request, I think this can be done by 'Following' that poster. To do this, click on the poster's name link in one of their posts, and click on the 'Follow' link in the popup window that appears. For example, if I wanted to follow sutomcat and I performed the above process, I would be notified in 'Alerts' whenever sutomcat posted.
the terms i meant it in, were for example if someone posted in a thread "@orange79 what did you think of the rutgers game?" you would get a specific notification that someone mentioned you in a post

the terms i meant it in, were for example if someone posted in a thread "@orange79 what did you think of the rutgers game?" you would get a specific notification that someone mentioned you in a post

Agree. Think this would be a great addition. Could direct specific bball questions to the right people.

As a bonus, people might actually start using the OT forums, if you can direct your posts at people that might be interested, and ensure that the thread actually gets seen..

Bad example - but yeah :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom