Spencer Rattler | Syracusefan.com

Spencer Rattler

David332

All American
Not Cuse related, but lots of rumblings that he might hit the transfer portal. Looks like the honeymoon in OU is over. Where do you think he might wind up? I just hope he doesn’t come to the ACC.

Not Cuse related, but lots of rumblings that he might hit the transfer portal. Looks like the honeymoon in OU is over. Where do you think he might wind up? I just hope he doesn’t come to the ACC.
He's a head case but a huge talent. Would need the right leadership around him. I'd bet like UCF or Tenn or something like that

This dude was a projected first round pick next draft and Heisman preseason favorite.
He won’t be good wherever he goes.
Kid seems likable but the mental game can clearly rattle him. He makes unforced killer mistakes.

Oklahoma didn’t screw him. His mistakes are why they benched him.

I thought he would potentially leave the team after next week to go train for the NFL, honestly.

I guess he could do the portal a la Jalen Hurts, but I think he was looking at USC when he was being recruited? Bama, Zona maybe as well?

He's from Arizona, I believe. Plenty of Pac 12 teams would prob love to have him if he isn't going to just go to the draft.

This dude was a projected first round pick next draft and Heisman preseason favorite.
Kid seems likable but the mental game can clearly rattle him. He makes unforced killer mistakes.

Really? He seems like one of the more unlikeable kids that has played college football in a long time

Also doesn't help when there is a superhero backup that can run and throw the ball on a rope 60 yards from any situation at any angle behind you that, by all accounts, is basically the exact opposite personality of you (great leader, humble, etc etc).

Another Manziel

I hated how he would degrade the second string QB on his highest school team. The kid had a few D1 offers and Rattler would always ask him how many offers he had (because Rattler had like 40 offers) trying to be funny. He would act like he was kidding but seemed like a jerk. I will take Shrader over him all day long.

I think it rubbed the team and OK fans the same way. He eroded their patience.
As an OU fan, yes he has. He has great potential though the Heisman talk really got to his head. He's played very timid and seems like he's trying too hard to not make mistakes. It's all in his head. Caleb Williams is what Rattler was before, and a better runner.

Who cares?

I like the QB we have. Can't wait to see what he does over the next 2.5 seasons.
Agreed, I like Shrader too. This post is not about me wanting Rattler on our team. I like that we have a scrambling QB1. This is however a major story in CFB right now.

I hated how he would degrade the second string QB on his highest school team. The kid had a few D1 offers and Rattler would always ask him how many offers he had (because Rattler had like 40 offers) trying to be funny. He would act like he was kidding but seemed like a jerk. I will take Shrader over him all day long.
Yeah I can’t stand the kid either. There are very few student athletes that I will go out of my way to root against, but he is one of them.

He was projected by some as a top 5 pick. He doesn’t need to go to another college his stock would only drop.

Can a kid fall from a first round pick to out of the draft in one half of football?
Clemson fell from National Championship contender to fighting for a bowl game in 4 games so anything is possible...

Watching the kid on QB1 you could tell he was a massive jerk. His hs teammates didn't seem to like him, and clips like this show it all.

As an OU fan, yes he has. He has great potential though the Heisman talk really got to his head. He's played very timid and seems like he's trying too hard to not make mistakes. It's all in his head. Caleb Williams is what Rattler was before, and a better runner.

I didn’t think Rattler was good last year either.

Intangibles are huge for QBs.

Can a kid fall from a first round pick to out of the draft in one half of football?

Someone’s taking him to put behind their starter. Could be the Packers they know they have a complete dud in Jordan Love.

I don’t think the QB class is good only Carson Strong wasnt terribly overrated before he year and he’s not playing great competition and actually has pro caliber WR and RB targets.

Rattler could sit and then outperform everyone at pro days and move up into the top half of the first.

Watching the kid on QB1 you could tell he was a massive jerk. His hs teammates didn't seem to like him, and clips like this show it all.

That JD kid had some D1 offers and landed at Michigan. He had to retire football due to heart issues. Rattlers is a pompous drama queen. If I saw my son acting like that my foot would be so far up his rear end that he would never be able to sit again. There is a difference between being cocky and being an a hole. Rattler is the latter.

That JD kid had some D1 offers and landed at Michigan. He had to retire football due to heart issues. Rattlers is a pompous drama queen. If I saw my son acting like that my foot would be so far up his rear end that he would never be able to sit again. There is a difference between being cocky and being an a hole. Rattler is the latter.

What was really nice about this was Harbaugh saw to it that JDs scholarship would still be honored. Never really liked Harbaugh all that much but that is definitely a class act move. I was impressed with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom