Spirit Updates Email | Syracusefan.com

Spirit Updates Email

DoubleDee

All American
anyone else get this yet? I can appreciate the effort to get the fanbase on the same page. But that sound wave...

Syracuse Fans!

Thank you for the exciting atmosphere at the Colgate game on Friday. As we prepare for the Orange Out matchup vs. Louisville, please see three important spirit updates below!

Thank you again and Let’s Go Orange!

First+Down.jpg

Introducing the first down ’44 Salute’!

Our band and cheer teams are adapting to #OrangeIsTheNewFast with this new cheer: 44 Salute Band Video

The ’44 Salute’ starts with the band playing a few notes of the Fight Song followed by all fans chanting ‘Go’ and ‘Cuse’ while holding up four fingers twice to show the ‘44’.

Down+the+Field.jpg

You’ll notice a heavy emphasis on the fight song this year. Fight songs and college football go hand-in-hand and nothing beats the Syracuse University Marching Band’s rendition of “Down the Field”.

Sound+Wave.jpg

The Sound Wave is a unique cheer that Syracuse is introducing to college football!

In the second quarter, the cheer team will lead the Sound Wave, which takes the fan favorite ‘the wave’ to a new level with fan support. We want the Loud House rocking in order to help the Orange to a strong finish in the first half.
  • The Sound Wave will begin in the student section and carry throughout the stadium twice.
  • Fans are encouraged to make as much noise as possible as the wave approaches – yelling “go” or just cheering – to make the Loud House LOUD!
  • After two times around, the Block S flag will be carried to midfield to carry the momentum into a “Let’s Go Orange” chant.

I'll be surfing that wave on out to the beer stand. Going to hang ten on a few blue lights

Noah Syndergaard says no wave, please.

I liked the e-mail, though. It's nice that they're acknowledging some tradition and trying to do something. Take away the wave, get people to participate in the other stuff, and it'd be a good start.

Also, the train whistle is wack.

Noah Syndergaard says no wave, please.

I liked the e-mail, though. It's nice that they're acknowledging some tradition and trying to do something. Take away the wave, get people to participate in the other stuff, and it'd be a good start.

Also, the train whistle is wack.
I hate the train whistle

I have to admit, all these years, I never learned the words to "Down the Field".

The fight song words aren't easy to sing, and I'm a pretty musically inclined guy.

I mean it's no Copacabana but it's not really that tough.

"Easy" probably isn't the best word choice. Personally, I can sing about half of it from memory. I don't know anyone who can even sing one line. Musically, it's a great fight song, but lyrically...enh.

Down the Field is actually terrible.

Rah rah rah?

Each loyal son knows she ne'er more will lose?

you gotta be an auctioneer to spit that out

The B part of the alma mater needs a rewrite too

Flag we love! Orange! Float for aye-
Old Syracuse, o'er thee,

NOPE, let's fix that too

Millhouse said:
Down the Field is actually terrible. Rah rah rah? Each loyal son knows she ne'er more will lose? you gotta be an auctioneer to spit that out The B part of the alma mater needs a rewrite too Flag we love! Orange! Float for aye- Old Syracuse, o'er thee, NOPE, let's fix that too
To be fair, it's pretty old. While we're at it we can take thou out of the Bible too.

Down the Field is actually terrible.

Rah rah rah?

Each loyal son knows she ne'er more will lose?

you gotta be an auctioneer to spit that out

The B part of the alma mater needs a rewrite too

Flag we love! Orange! Float for aye-
Old Syracuse, o'er thee,

NOPE, let's fix that too

You're suggesting something from the Rush catalog, perhaps?

I am opposed to all three. Tradition can't be manufactured it has to be organic.

The sound wave was very confusing at the game. I am not sure what was supposed to happen. They made it like you were to follow along with the flag runner who barely went anywhere. So if it was like a regular wave they never made it to half the sections. I feel like the cheerleader initiated ideas every year are a major fail.

Do the cheerleaders do push-ups for each point after we score? I feel that was something lost during the era of a certain Coach Who Shall Not Be Named. I meant to look for this during the Colgate game, but got drunk instead.

Anyway, let's bring that back and revive the Syracuse "Hey" song version before we bring in Sound Waves and other contrived crap.

I doubt more than 3 people get this, but this is the best sound wave:

Fishbone is red hot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom