Spring Football starts March 30 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

All spring practices are completely open . There will be free doughnuts and coffee available at Ensley. Dino will be taking suggestions on new plays ( must be written on Pizza Box ) Seriously I’m psyched to see we’re getting ready for what I hope is a full normal football season.

All spring practices are completely open . There will be free doughnuts and coffee available at Ensley. Dino will be taking suggestions on new plays ( must be written on Pizza Box ) Seriously I’m psyched to see we’re getting ready for what I hope is a full normal football season.

I'm still waiting for the coffee and donuts Gross promised us when we used to attend Marrone's Spring practices.

source.gif

Someone needs to boost the WiFi speed in that bubble.

And someone needs to wake me up when Stephen Bailey finishes that first question. zzzzzzz

Good they are getting started. I thought they may have waited until mid April to see if they could get players vaccinated that wanted the shot. It would have also given Samuel and Schmidt more time to prepare. They probably needed to factor in if a player got hurt in spring and sufficient time to heal for the season .

What's up with the comment about how well Schmidt's lines blocked in the PAC-12?

What's up with the comment about how well Schmidt's lines blocked in the PAC-12?
Not sure but it was probably trying to show SDSU Oline effectiveness against other P5 programs.

Good they are getting started. I thought they may have waited until mid April to see if they could get players vaccinated that wanted the shot. It would have also given Samuel and Schmidt more time to prepare. They probably needed to factor in if a player got hurt in spring and sufficient time to heal for the season .
The semester is over by the first week of May, and players have finals, so a mid-April start makes no sense.

The semester is over by the first week of May, and players have finals, so a mid-April start makes no sense.
COVID schedule this year, so classes don't end til mid-May, but your point is still valid.

COVID schedule this year, so classes don't end til mid-May, but your point is still valid.
Is it mid may? Classes normally ended mid may and this semester started over two weeks later than usual. Also was there a spring break this year?

Is it mid may? Classes normally ended mid may and this semester started over two weeks later than usual. Also was there a spring break this year?
May 14 this year.

Classes at SU typically end the first Friday in May because graduation is on Mother's Day, which is the 2nd Sunday.

They started 3 weeks late this year and there was / is no spring break.

But Mid-April to start wouldn't work because Syracuse usually does 3 practices a week, so they would need 5 weeks to get it done.

Well is there a rule when it has to start and end? If the kids are taking summer classes could you actually go into the first summer session? I know they wouldnt do that though

May 14 this year.

Classes at SU typically end the first Friday in May because graduation is on Mother's Day, which is the 2nd Sunday.

They started 3 weeks late this year and there was / is no spring break.

But Mid-April to start wouldn't work because Syracuse usually does 3 practices a week, so they would need 5 weeks to get it done.
Thanks for the information

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom