Spring Football | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Do we have a schedule , it’s March in 3 days and I have heard nothing.? Ok saw OE /Tomcat. would think we would hear something soon.

Do we have a schedule , it’s March in 3 days and I have heard nothing.? Ok saw OE /Tomcat. would think we would hear something soon.
I'd be interested in hearing about player development, bigger/faster/stronger etc. But I am fine with not hearing anything about the spring practices. We need a lot of time for the offense to undergo basic instruction in all facets of the system. I don't care if w have a spring "game". If the spring ends and all we hear is that everyone is healthy and they busted butt doing what we should have been able to do last spring, I'm good.

In a time with budget issues and safety concerns, a whole lot of effort needs to be spent to put on a spring game so a few people can come hangout. Better spent for the team to just practice and get better and keep working on the Dome so fall is the best it can be..

In a time with budget issues and safety concerns, a whole lot of effort needs to be spent to put on a spring game so a few people can come hangout. Better spent for the team to just practice and get better and keep working on the Dome so fall is the best it can be..
Not worried about attending spring game . In fact assumed it would be fanless if they have one.

boo, big, loud resounding, boo

wouldnt surprise me if they did the whole thing in secret just to ignore the headaches and the questions

Looking at last year's threads, they announced the spring schedule on Feb 21, so we're 5 days late.

Spring practice started on Sunday, March 8 and was set to end on Saturday, April 18.

Lax has a home game (big one) on Saturday April 17 at 3 pm, so I assume that pushes our Spring Game (or final Dome practice) to April 24. Which, if they follow last year's schedule, would mean they start on Sunday, March 14.

Post Standard started their preview articles on March 3.

This is probably all written up in another thread.

Looking at last year's threads, they announced the spring schedule on Feb 21, so we're 5 days late.

Spring practice started on Sunday, March 8 and was set to end on Saturday, April 18.

Lax has a home game (big one) on Saturday April 17 at 3 pm, so I assume that pushes our Spring Game (or final Dome practice) to April 24. Which, if they follow last year's schedule, would mean they start on Sunday, March 14.

Post Standard started their preview articles on March 3.

This is probably all written up in another thread.

Spring Semester started two weeks late.

That puts Spring practice beginning sometime in March, with the Spring Game in early May.

LAX is at South Bend on May 1.

Just a thought.

They could use the spring game as a way of developing the logistics and procedures for the fall.

As of yesterday, only 4 ACC schools have scheduled a spring game (as per Hokie Mark).

COVID is causing a lot of delays and re-thinking.

I know that last year, the ACC put serious pressure on all ACC schools to have spring football games so they could televise them on ACCN. Football draws the biggest ratings and the better the ratings, the higher the revenue generated.

So if we have a spring game, there is a very high likelihood of it being televised.

The last time I saw Syracuse football players play in person was the season finale against Wake on November 30th, 2019. That was 454 days ago.

Please, end the madness. Have a spring game. Better yet, open spring practice to the public. No pony rides or free ice cream are needed. You don't even have to print up roster sheets.

And update the roster for God's sake! Get the players who have left the program off and get the weights updated. More pictures and some details on off season training would also be greatly appreciated.

Please, end the madness. Have a spring game. Better yet, open spring practice to the public. No pony rides or free ice cream are needed. You don't even have to print up roster sheets.

I'd love it, but I don't see it happening. Especially off a 1-10 season. Dino is one of a long list of paranoid coaches about other coaches gaining intel.

So if he's going to have a spring game and have to televise it because someone tells him to, it's probably going to be so vanilla that it would waste one of our 15 practices.

I wish they'd change the rule so that it's 15 practices and a spring game. Everyone is in the same boat. Then Dino can decide how vanilla he wants to be in the game, but at least he's not wasting a practice just running up the middle and throwing simple out passes.

In my personal opinion, coaches are smart enough and well funded/researched anyway. Once you play a game, all that stuff is out the window. So are we worried that Ohio U will get too much scouting?

But I'm not the one being paid the big bucks.

I'd love it, but I don't see it happening. Especially off a 1-10 season. Dino is one of a long list of paranoid coaches about other coaches gaining intel.

So if he's going to have a spring game and have to televise it because someone tells him to, it's probably going to be so vanilla that it would waste one of our 15 practices.

I wish they'd change the rule so that it's 15 practices and a spring game. Everyone is in the same boat. Then Dino can decide how vanilla he wants to be in the game, but at least he's not wasting a practice just running up the middle and throwing simple out passes.

In my personal opinion, coaches are smart enough and well funded/researched anyway. Once you play a game, all that stuff is out the window. So are we worried that Ohio U will get too much scouting?

But I'm not the one being paid the big bucks.
I agree, there isn't a chance in hell Dino will open spring practice.

It is silly but he has major concerns about stuff getting out. I would understand a lot more if we weren't returning so many players on both sides of the ball, and staying with the same schemes on both sides of the ball.

In this day and age, public practices in the spring are really rare. Just about everyone is paranoid.

I just want to see a little SU football. Before September.

I'd be interested in hearing about player development, bigger/faster/stronger etc. But I am fine with not hearing anything about the spring practices. We need a lot of time for the offense to undergo basic instruction in all facets of the system. I don't care if w have a spring "game". If the spring ends and all we hear is that everyone is healthy and they busted butt doing what we should have been able to do last spring, I'm good.

This only think I'm interested in is who's playing where and what the depth chart looks like.

As of yesterday, only 4 ACC schools have scheduled a spring game (as per Hokie Mark).

COVID is causing a lot of delays and re-thinking.

I know that last year, the ACC put serious pressure on all ACC schools to have spring football games so they could televise them on ACCN. Football draws the biggest ratings and the better the ratings, the higher the revenue generated.

So if we have a spring game, there is a very high likelihood of it being televised.

The last time I saw Syracuse football players play in person was the season finale against Wake on November 30th, 2019. That was 454 days ago.

And update the roster for God's sake! Get the players who have left the program off and get the weights updated. More pictures and some details on off season training would also be greatly appreciated.
I know how you feel , no SU football games in the fall (attending) was just not right, my whole week was warped. I check Covid stats everyday both infections and vaccine distribution , saw that NY State is almost up to 400,000 a week and with J and J coming soon expect it will be over 500, 000 by mid April. I’m hopeful we will have full stadiums before the end of 21 season...fingers crossed.

Would love for there to be a spring game. It would be something nice and positive for the community. The only item I am interested in getting confirmed at this point is whether jorts is eligible for the upcoming season or not.

Even if there is a depth chart it’s ne@ever accurate especially in the spring.
Perspective: It's "accurate" as of the spring, but not particularly meaningful.

I believe the NCAA is relaxing restrictions around scheduling of spring football, not necessarily number of practices, but start dates and end dates. And I'm relatively sure Syracuse would like to have some kind of event in the Spring to get fans in the building but want to ensure the protocols for open the Dome are battle tested and have all of the bugs worked out, There is a hope that the 10% threshold will be lifted. Still a fluid situation but if not an open scrimmage I think there will be some type of fan-centric event later in the spring.

Perspective: It's "accurate" as of the spring, but not particularly meaningful.
Sometimes it seems more motivational and not what we know is realistic.

I’ll belive the 2 deep is accurate when they actually take off players who aren’t here anymore. They had trill on there the whole season even with him gone

Even if there is a depth chart it’s ne@ever accurate especially in the spring.

Pre Spring depth charts have always been legit. I like to know who is working where and in what order.

In terms of fall depth charts don’t care but the very first one they release in august is also legit

Pre Spring depth charts have always been legit. I like to know who is working where and in what order.

In terms of fall depth charts don’t care but the very first one they release in august is also legit
Maybe mostly accurate, but there are always a few names in there that everyone knows won’t see the playing time the chart suggests or won’t end up on the chart come September.

I agree, there isn't a chance in hell Dino will open spring practice.

It is silly but he has major concerns about stuff getting out. I would understand a lot more if we weren't returning so many players on both sides of the ball, and staying with the same schemes on both sides of the ball.

In this day and age, public practices in the spring are really rare. Just about everyone is paranoid.

I just want to see a little SU football. Before September.

I believe the NCAA is relaxing restrictions around scheduling of spring football, not necessarily number of practices, but start dates and end dates. And I'm relatively sure Syracuse would like to have some kind of event in the Spring to get fans in the building but want to ensure the protocols for open the Dome are battle tested and have all of the bugs worked out, There is a hope that the 10% threshold will be lifted. Still a fluid situation but if not an open scrimmage I think there will be some type of fan-centric event later in the spring.

yea like a showcase of the dome improvements and maybe talk about what should expect in fall and protocols and something to season ticket holders about tickets?