Spring open evaluation period 20-22 | Syracusefan.com

Spring open evaluation period 20-22

Thomas Bryant (FROSH, Rochester) is listed as 6-9 (per the recruiting service you link to)? Wow. Francis, any idea if that is a correct? And what AAU team is Bryant playing for this spring? Thanks!

Thomas Bryant (FROSH, Rochester) is listed as 6-9 (per the recruiting service you link to)? Wow. Francis, any idea if that is a correct? And what AAU team is Bryant playing for this spring? Thanks!
Evan Daniels had a big man crush on him a few weeks ago lol. Said when he saw Bryant last year that he was 6'6, but has now grown to a legit 6'9. Bryant plays on the Team Scan 15u squad. They'll be out in a tourney in Connecticut this weekend.

Cant wait, francis do you know if shane rector is on the map for the staff? Hearing real good things about him, playing on nj playaz was with the gauchos
Rector plays at my old high school St. Rays. Ever since the Hodge n McCroskey debacles, the staff hasn't even sniffed at a Rays player since lol.

Evan Daniels had a big man crush on him a few weeks ago lol. Said when he saw Bryant last year that he was 6'6, but has now grown to a legit 6'9. Bryant plays on the Team Scan 15u squad. They'll be out in a tourney in Connecticut this weekend.
Which tourney? I just saw Best of Spring this wknd in CT. Didn't see their name.

Francis as usual well written and great update. With the kid from Duke in the mix, how do you see this playing out. Please provide your feelings as to who we want vs. who we get from recruitment standpoint after this weekend.

Never mind, I found it and you will be happy to know that I've bookmarked it for future info.

Thanks for the updates Francis!

Do you have any more info on Stevie Thompson Jr? Does he have the "ups" like his old man? Hopefully a better jumper though...

Francis as usual well written and great update. With the kid from Duke in the mix, how do you see this playing out. Please provide your feelings as to who we want vs. who we get from recruitment standpoint after this weekend.
If Mike G decides to come then I think a player like Rondae Jefferson probably gets bump off the radar. They could still pursue a SG, but I think closing on Ennis and getting an SF/PF combo is the goal. Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh(?) can all fit that role. Plus Anya who everybody is still mixed on is still being pursued strongly by the staff. Will definitely get to the 2nd part of your question after the weekend.

Thanks for the updates Francis!

Do you have any more info on Stevie Thompson Jr? Does he have the "ups" like his old man? Hopefully a better jumper though...
He's listed at 6'2 165lb. Eric Bossi from rivals wrote that he handles the ball well and has a good jumper which should make you feel better :)

If Mike G decides to come then I think a player like Rondae Jefferson probably gets bump off the radar. They could still pursue a SG, but I think closing on Ennis and getting an SF/PF comb is the goal. Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh(?) can all fit that role. Plus Anya who everybody is still mixed on is still being pursued strongly by the staff. Will definitely get to the 2nd part of your question after the weekend.
Francis, looking forward to update after this weekend...hopefully you are enjoying the play and gaining additional insight into players and our coaches

Francis: What's the thinking in pursuing Anya in the '13 class when DC2 will only be a soph when he arrives and Christmas a junior? If Anya is so good he will want to go somewhere he can start right away as a freshman. Wouldn't it make more sense to go hard after a center in the '14 class?

Here goes something that I find interesting. Isaiah Whitehead says SU is his favorite in probably every interview. On the other hand, they never went to any of his games/workouts this past season. He has played 2 games already out in Pittsburgh and I have been told no SU representation has been present for him so far.

Francis: What's the thinking in pursuing Anya in the '13 class when DC2 will only be a soph when he arrives and Christmas a junior? If Anya is so good he will want to go somewhere he can start right away as a freshman. Wouldn't it make more sense to go hard after a center in the '14 class?
You can never be too certain about a position moving forward. Perfect example Katin Reinhardt, who everybody thought we wouldn't have room for at this point last year. I think we all agree that we would love to have him now. I agree that the current situation with DC2 and playing time might scare him off, but the staff likes him and currently finds a reason to still pursue him.

Thank you Francis, keep it coming, I love reading all the updates you have.

Thats real interesting with whitehead, until a Lincoln kid commits here im assuming well never get one

Duke has expressed a lot of interest in Ennis and Anya so far this weekend. UNC is going hard for Vonleh and remember the names of 2014 big men Ben Bentil & Paschal Chukwu.

Duke has expressed a lot of interest in Ennis and Anya so far this weekend. UNC is going hard for Vonleh and remember the names of 2014 big men Ben Bentil & Paschal Chukwu.

That surprises me about Duke, I didn't picture Ennis as a typical pg for their system, I think he'd be much better for how we play. Have we ever gone head to head for a big recruit with UNC? I want Vonleh in Orange more than anyone I can remember. He seems to be a perfect fit for the zone and out offense.