Spring Practice Day #5: Thurs. March 22, 2018 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Practice Day #5: Thurs. March 22, 2018

CuseLegacy

DWMZHMRVoAAEErK.jpg

Boy Jesse Connors looks quick and smooth. It will be interesting to see how they line him up. I wonder if its part of the reason Elmore is playing D. Looks like a natural Hback.

Last edited:
Here are few things I'd like to know at this stage. New O-Line Coach Mike Cavanaugh and New QB Coach Martin. Understood there's probably no interview opps, but how's their demeanor. Is Cav an in the trenches teacher? Does yell? Cerebral? What is Martin doing during RVA's? observing, teaching fine points, footwork. Give us some impressions of them.

Early enrollees. Today is the first I've seen Chance on vid in RVAs. I like what I see. Do any early enrollees stand out or do they blend in. A couple of these cats are going to play come September.

How much hands on teaching is being observed from the Grad Assistants? WR's ?

What's the overall vibe of the practice? Urgency, Cerebral, Up beat, Energetic?

Here are few things I'd like to know at this stage. New O-Line Coach Mike Cavanaugh and New QB Coach Martin. Understood there's probably no interview opps, but how's their demeanor. Is Cav an in the trenches teacher? Does yell? Cerebral? What is Martin doing during RVA's? observing, teaching fine points, footwork. Give us some impressions of them.

Early enrollees. Today is the first I've seen Chance on vid in RVAs. I like what I see. Do any early enrollees stand out or do they blend in. A couple of these cats are going to play come September.

Remember it is just the first 10 minutes of practice they get to see and only the fifth practice. I'll try and pass along your questions...if they aren't read on here first.

Damn Dakota Davis kicked who ever but that was bad. Kid is a bulldozer. Not extremely explosive of snap but drove his feet and killed that kid. Maybe our new center or guard if feet are good enough.
Agreed, but his rep was significantly better than what appears to be Byrne and Patrick Davis? Dlineman may have been Coleman or Ruff? AFAIK, he was a traveling red shirt(like Servais and Heckel were). Good to see.

Looks like Kingsley Jonathan held his own against a much larger PDavis?

Can't tell you how much I love these contact drills!

Last edited:
Remember it is just the first 10 minutes of practice they get to see

i'm aware.

and i'm sure they read the board and here are some suggestions. they can do what they can.

Plenty of vids of coach cav, if you're curious. Not so much for Martin. You can see Cav all fired up at the end of vid 3. (Blue sweatshirt, no hat)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom