Springsteen - Greensboro... | Syracusefan.com

Springsteen - Greensboro...

Just heard this. I wonder if he pays a fee for breaking his contract.

Just heard this. I wonder if he pays a fee for breaking his contract.
I am sure he does. Refunds for tickets, probably has to pay the arena rental fees, union costs, etc. I imagine this will end up costing quite a bit, but not more than he would have had to pay. He just won't get the ticket revenue (and obv any concession/merch cuts he contracted for).

orange79 said:
I am sure he does. Refunds for tickets, probably has to pay the arena rental fees, union costs, etc. I imagine this will end up costing quite a bit, but not more than he would have had to pay. He just won't get the ticket revenue (and obv any concession/merch cuts he contracted for).
I don't get it. I mean I get why people are upset over the issue but I don't get how canceling the show helps. Bruce goes to lots of places with various social issues and uses the stage as a platform to incite change. But canceling doesn't really provide any of that. Plus you're kind of screwing over fans that might not even be against equality and only have 1 shot to see this tour. Just seems weird.

Btw related/unrelated but does Bruce do "house lights up" on all encores at each location?

Btw related/unrelated but does Bruce do "house lights up" on all encores at each location?

Seems to yes, when he hits Born to Run to the end. Seeing him in Baltimore next week (assuming he likes the local laws enough).

Bayside44 said:
Seems to yes, when he hits Born to Run to the end. Seeing him in Baltimore next week (assuming he likes the local laws enough).
I don't recall that in prior years but in the last few years he has been. It's really odd (and I hate it).

I don't recall that in prior years but in the last few years he has been. It's really odd (and I hate it).

He enters house lights on in this one too.

Bayside44 said:
He enters house lights on in this one too.
Yep. Be interested in your take on sound quality.

Yep. Be interested in your take on sound quality.

The sound in DC was off the charts good. Baltimore is a bandbox, gather it will play like Rochester did (didn't go, people raved about that one)

Bayside44 said:
The sound in DC was off the charts good. Baltimore is a bandbox, gather it will play like Rochester did (didn't go, people raved about that one)
Ive been checking backstreets regularly. Not too much variety on the second set show to show. Albeit they picked a pretty darn good set to start with.

Ive been checking backstreets regularly. Not too much variety on the second set show to show. Albeit they picked a pretty darn good set to start with.

Very tight window to swap out songs. Not a white whale chaser tour - but then again I got Tougher than the Rest in DC, so...

Bayside44 said:
Very tight window to swap out songs. Not a white whale chaser tour - but then again I got Tougher than the Rest in DC, so...
Yeah I know. I'm pretty sure every show I've seen BTR, TR, badlands, no surrender, Rosie and 10tg avenue. He can just ditch shout already

Yeah I know. I'm pretty sure every show I've seen BTR, TR, badlands, no surrender, Rosie and 10tg avenue. He can just ditch shout already

Didn't see Badlands and 10th Ave in DC, but in Baltimore it'll all come back.

Came thisclose to Greensboro tix too.

Bayside44 said:
What are your personal white whales? TTTR is a good one.

Anyone else have live songs they're longing to see?

What are your personal white whales? TTTR is a good one.

Anyone else have live songs they're longing to see?

Incident, NYC Serenade...

Heck I saw The Promise once though.

Always special when Incident is played. I've seen it solo at the piano, and full band. One of my favorites.

It's going to sound a bit strange, but at this point, my white whale is I Wanna Be With You. Simple little outtake I fell in love with. I've seen many of the other 'rarities'.

At 46 shows (and hopefully counting), you'd think somewhere along the line I would have lucked into it. I'm running out of time :)

Always special when Incident is played. I've seen it solo at the piano, and full band. One of my favorites.

It's going to sound a bit strange, but at this point, my white whale is I Wanna Be With You. Simple little outtake I fell in love with. I've seen many of the other 'rarities'.

At 46 shows (and hopefully counting), you'd think somewhere along the line I would have lucked into it. I'm running out of time :)
You are or he is? :)

I've got into a lot of his stripped down stuff mainly him solo on piano. Songs are so much more beautiful. That's how he did incident here. There's a version of the promise on YouTube like that. Wish he'd do an album of that stuff. Love to have it on my music...

You're obviously getting your wish on this tour. Btw one of my new faves is Independence Day.

You are or he is? :)

I've got into a lot of his stripped down stuff mainly him solo on piano. Songs are so much more beautiful. That's how he did incident here. There's a version of the promise on YouTube like that. Wish he'd do an album of that stuff. Love to have it on my music...

You're obviously getting your wish on this tour. Btw one of my new faves is Independence Day.

The Price You Pay is probably a River song I never would've thought twice about before this experience. At some point I need to catalogue all the shows / setlists.

The Price You Pay is probably a River song I never would've thought twice about before this experience. At some point I need to catalogue all the shows / setlists.
That's how I know I've seen 46 shows. :D

backstreets has most set lists, but this one is probably the best.

I feel the same way about Point Blank

ive seen bruce about 20 times (first show was 1999) and amazingly i dont think ive ever gotten shes the one. i have seen incident twice though.

ive seen bruce about 20 times (first show was 1999) and amazingly i dont think ive ever gotten shes the one. i have seen incident twice though.

That song follows me around like a bad penny...really don't like it live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom