Class of 2016 - SS/OLB Rashad Smith (FL) FLIPPED BACK TO FAU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SS/OLB Rashad Smith (FL) FLIPPED BACK TO FAU

Looks like he had a BG offer so he already has some familiarity with the staff and vice versa.

That kid is a flier at LB. and possibly at big safety. How did the old staff miss this kid.

Homestead is basically the last town on the mainland of Florida before you drive over to the Keys...a famous Cold War Air Force base at Homestead.

Kid looks like a good get to play SS.

yupper, I believe he is the real deal. Now if we get, what do we do, beef him up for a backer or keep him lean for the safety position?

yupper, I believe he is the real deal. Now if we get, what do we do, beef him up for a backer or keep him lean for the safety position?

Would make a mean safety in cover 2 IMO

That kid's highlight tape is BEASTY!

I have no idea how this fully qualified kid doesn't have more offers but I'll GLADLY take him.

#DinoDon'tDoDeadPeriod

Want this kid. Those highlights screamed LB. Don't know how well he is in coverage because that 15 minutes of video didn't show any. However It did show him very comfortable and very good playing up at the line of scrimmage. Plays with great tenacity and pretty good at shedding blocks for his size. Wraps up nice with those long arms. Kid will be a beast of an OLB when he puts on 15 more lbs of muscle playing at 6'-1" and 215 lbs.

Free article

No offer yet, as per article. Visiting FAU 1/15 on OV. I would guess if Smith is offered, he will commit on his visit.

No offer yet, as per article. Visiting FAU 1/15 on OV. I would guess if Smith is offered, he will commit on his visit.
Seems there are a few kids that have ovs and no offer yet. Sounds like the staff wants to meet the kid, see if they fit and guage interest before extending that offer.

Seems there are a few kids that have ovs and no offer yet. Sounds like the staff wants to meet the kid, see if they fit and guage interest before extending that offer.
I would also guess there are some situations (like Clarke's) that the staff knows if they offer, they will commit on the spot (and this may be another) and right now some of these kids have to be backup plans, we just don't have that many slots for them to all be Plan A. So if the first choices decide they aren't interested after their OV, then these kids will get their offers lickity split.

I would also guess there are some situations (like Clarke's) that the staff knows if they offer, they will commit on the spot (and this may be another) and right now some of these kids have to be backup plans, we just don't have that many slots for them to all be Plan A. So if the first choices decide they aren't interested after their OV, then these kids will get their offers lickity split.
There are also other elements possibly at play here. How many can be backdated? Are there transfers that we don't know about? Are some of these kids possible grayshirts? And unfortunately Riggins still doesn't have an ov scheduled.

We can continue this discussion in the Commit Status thread.

We need to lock this kid up asap. Like I said before, what do we do, beef him up for a backer or keep him lean for the safety position?