St. John's on SNY now | Syracusefan.com

St. John's on SNY now

Cuse4

Scout Team
Exhibition vs CW Post ... Johnnies down a bucket early ... looks like they're going to get hurt on the glass this year

Exhibition vs CW Post ... Johnnies down a bucket early ... looks like they're going to get hurt on the glass this year
What does their lineup look like, size-wise?

stith from last yr who's tiny, lindsey the jc who i would guess is like 6'2, harrison who is around the same then harkless who is like 6'8 and god's gift who is about 6'9

Nobody cares about the Johnnies here anymore. Let us know when we can watch a Florida State or Wake exhibition game.:(

Nobody cares about the Johnnies here anymore. Let us know when we can watch a Florida State or Wake exhibition game.:(

It really is bizarre watching games that I used to pay so much attention too and realizing it doesnt really matter anymore.

Interesting that St Johns reserection will inevitably be very short lived now that the BE will be no more shortly.

Strange to think of ST Johns, Nova and Gtown not really mattering at all ever again for big time college hoops. I guess its inevitable now.

Interesting that St Johns reserection will inevitably be very short lived now that the BE will be no more shortly.

Strange to think of ST Johns, Nova and Gtown not really mattering at all ever again for big time college hoops. I guess its inevitable now.

They went from having a monster recruiting class and playing in the best basketball league in the land to staring into the abyss in the matter of 6 months.

It really is bizarre watching games that I used to pay so much attention too and realizing it doesnt really matter anymore.
We'll be watching - or not - a lot of basketball/football games in the northeast that don't matter to us. And unless UConn or Rutgers joins the ACC, you won't be getting much ACC news in the northeast. The NY metro area really doesn't care all that much about Syracuse. And Pitt and BC are too far away. Boston will be the best place, outside of Syracuse, to get ACC news in the northeast. Unfortunately, BC is second fiddle (fifth fiddle?) to the Red Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celts.

There will be a Big East. Big East basketball. Not football. Most likely.

There will be a Big East. Big East basketball. Not football. Most likely.

Yes and no. They will call it the BE but it will be a minor league before long. No football money no SU, Pitt, WVU, Lville, ND, UConn which will lead to no lock on MSG. No way that Nova and Gtown can carry them as a power league.

We'll be watching - or not - a lot of basketball/football games in the northeast that don't matter to us. And unless UConn or Rutgers joins the ACC, you won't be getting much ACC news in the northeast. The NY metro area really doesn't care all that much about Syracuse. And Pitt and BC are too far away. Boston will be the best place, outside of Syracuse, to get ACC news in the northeast. Unfortunately, BC is second fiddle (fifth fiddle?) to the Red Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celts.

Nobody in NYC really cares about college football but Syracuse basketball is a different animal...Long Island and NYC is filled with Syracuse alumni and transplants who REALLY care about Cuse basketball.

They were going to struggle even with all their frosh... cutting that list down by a few non-qualifiers is only going to hurt more. I'm sure as individuals they will make great strides throughout the year, but when you take away the second half buckets that they got by being bigger than CWP, and slash the number of breakaways they got by being more athletic than CWP, there was a lot of ugly basketball that just won't deliver the same results against seasoned teams. They are going to HAVE to hit threes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom