St. John's Week | Syracusefan.com

St. John's Week

NKR1978

Living Legend
I had a blast going to NYC to see them last season. Felt like a home game 2.0. I'd be butt hurt too.

I love how they think that when JB retires that the program is just going to collapse. Like the Melo Center, the Carrier Dome, 33K fans, the ACC, Mike Hopkins, etc. are just going to retire with him.

I just love that they HATE us so much and for us it's kind of an amusement. I like beating them because they're in NY and it has nearly been 7 years since we last lost to a NYS team (Devo giving up the 4 point play).

I also love the guy commenting that we have such good fan support because there is nothing to do in Syracuse and he feels bad for people in Syracuse because of it. I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of living in Manhattan. I'm curious as to what all these people do that I'm not doing or that you can't do in Syracuse. My social life pretty much consists of restaurants, bars and sporting events. The restaurants are infinitely better in NYC. Bars and sporting events I'd give a big edge to Syracuse.

That second link in the OP is just hilarious. If you are a sports fan (not SU or STJohns) you simply have to laugh when you read that. They hate us because we are so much better and so are our fans. LOL

I love how they think that when JB retires that the program is just going to collapse. Like the Melo Center, the Carrier Dome, 33K fans, the ACC, Mike Hopkins, etc. are just going to retire with him.
UConn fans have the same talking point. If Hops fails...he will be replaced in 3 years. SU will go out and hire the top mid-major or high-major coach out there. It will be a short rebuild. Our worse case is if Hops is getting us several years of 9-12 seeds...do you fire him or keep him.

UConn fans have the same talking point. If Hops fails...he will be replaced in 3 years. SU will go out and hire the top mid-major or high-major coach out there. It will be a short rebuild. Our worse case is if Hops is getting us several years of 9-12 seeds...do you fire him or keep him.

The thing is, when JB retires, the cabinet will still be stocked with great players. Just like Ollie lucked out having Shabazz on his team his first two years. I don't know why they harp on this.

The thing is, when JB retires, the cabinet will still be stocked with great players. Just like Ollie lucked out having Shabazz on his team his first two years. I don't know why they harp on this.
Because it is all they can hold onto to insure their title disparity stands firm. They are sheep and we are wolves.

This what every Uconn fan is thinking as well. I dont get it.

To be honest, rarely does a program that's so identified with one HC bounce back immediately, after that personality retires.
We should be prepared for a couple of down years, although "down" years at SU have usually been above the norm.
I any case, its obvious they need to keep telling themselves these things just to feel better...bless their hearts.
coffee.gif

Last edited:

Mid-Major? No way, SU is a Blue-blood destination job. We pick and choose who we want.

Mid-Major? No way, SU is a Blue-blood destination job. We pick and choose who we want.

So what I'm getting from this is that Kevin Ollie will not be the coach at Syracuse should Mike Hopkins fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom