stadium turns into giant bathtub after steady rains | Syracusefan.com

stadium turns into giant bathtub after steady rains

retro44

Living Legend
S.U. with no field drainage better cover their butts on this...

b7cea490-41e8-11e6-ab80-a1fee7220b70_CEN_StadiumRain_04.jpg

Even though this is in China the said the goal post are completely covered with water...

Seems to me that SU has a huge drain in the SW corner, aka the big roll-up door.

China just doing what the Romans did with the Colosseum, fill it for staged water battles! Still don't understand how the Romans pulled that off though

I don't even know how you can manage to do that.

Good thing our stadium is built on "The Hill"

Also, its not as if the water in that stadium is deep. You can actually see the turf peeking through the water. A few inches deep...at most.

Good thing our stadium is built on "The Hill"

Also, its not as if the water in that stadium is deep. You can actually see the turf peeking through the water. A few inches deep...at most.
The article stated that the goal posts were covered......not me. But when were they covered?

Do you honestly think it can be replaced on any "one" sunny afternoon?
I don't know that it needs to be. We have not seen the plan on how they plan to replace the roof without causing any dents in the schedules or damage to the facility due to weather. You are assuming some things. In any case, SU knows full well the potential pitfalls of leaving the field exposed/uncovered. They know the dome better than any of us and unlike us, they are formulating the plans to replace the roof safely and without damage.

It's ok, the stadium will be full, but then it will be empty in an hour.

The article stated that the goal posts were covered...not me. But when were they covered?

Goalposts for what sport? If it's soccer posts, we're talking 8 feet but even that seems unrealistic from the picture posted.

I don't know that it needs to be. We have not seen the plan on how they plan to replace the roof without causing any dents in the schedules or damage to the facility due to weather. You are assuming some things. In any case, SU knows full well the potential pitfalls of leaving the field exposed/uncovered. They know the dome better than any of us and unlike us, they are formulating the plans to replace the roof safely and without damage.
UMMMM..... I have worked inside the dome a few times and I am in the piping trades. So I know my piping business,been at it for almost 30 years. That is a career

Goalposts for what sport? If it's soccer posts, we're talking 8 feet but even that seems unrealistic from the picture posted.
Timing of the photo.....Doesn't look like it's raining at all in the photo at that time.

retro44 said:
UMMMM... I have worked inside the dome a few times and I am in the piping trades. So I know my piping business,been at it for almost 30 years. That is a career
So, you're saying you've laid some pipe in your day.
Commencing slow clap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom