Staff said no to Kenny Pickett? | Syracusefan.com

Staff said no to Kenny Pickett?

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Someone dropped the ball.

Crowning devito they chosen one was the worst thing to happen to this program. Good kid, but it was a bad fit from the start. Don’t understand how a non dual threat QB was ever going to flourish in the “system” ... what’s the point of lead recruiter if the answer is simply a “no”... smh

Crowning devito they chosen one was the worst thing to happen to this program. Good kid, but it was a bad fit from the start. Don’t understand how a non dual threat QB was ever going to flourish in the “system” ... what’s the point of lead recruiter if the answer is simply a “no”... smh
He was the QB coach so he didn’t get final say on QB

Goofy as hell article. A LOT of schools missed on Pickett. He was a 3 star. Good on Acosta on seeing something others didn’t but he was one of “his” guys so of course he wanted SU to take him. And I don’t know how we can project what he did at Pitt onto SU. Who was our Addison? Was our OL the equal of Pitts? And like someone said on the bball board when the same was questioned about a bball player, you can do this all day long. There’s not a program nor a coach who hasn’t “missed” on a player or players. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Goofy as hell article. A LOT of schools missed on Pickett. He was a 3 star. Good on Acosta on seeing something others didn’t but he was one of “his” guys so of course he wanted SU to take him. And I don’t know how we can project what he did at Pitt onto SU. Who was our Addison? Was our OL the equal of Pitts? And like someone said on the bball board when the same was questioned about a bball player, you can do this all day long. There’s not a program nor a coach who hasn’t “missed” on a player or players. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Steph Curry played at Davidson because even VA Tech didn’t even offer him.

Matt Johnson Bowling Green 2015 under Babers 4,946 yards passing, 159 yards rushing, but yeah, Devito turned out to not be the guy.

Would take Eric dungy over Pickett any day, and also I don’t understand the article bringing td into the mix that was a completely different staff. I’ll say it till my face turns blue, Schafer makes Lester his oc from the get go. odds are he’s still here.

lol There's always stories coming out when players end up being good. People like to go back to see who all missed on them. Ive been seeing Kenny Pickett posts from regional teams message boards since his soph year. Lots of teams missed but its hard to really determine how well these guys will do once on campus. People like to bring up Devito and not mention how most 4 star QB's don't pan out. We put extra pressure on our 4 stars because we dont get as many and we hope they are the savior of the program.

Pickett had offers from 4 P5 schools.

Pitt, BC, Iowa and UNC.

Lots of schools didn't offer him. And as noted, this was Tim Lester and Scott Shafer making the call. All it points out is that it is hard to project where HS players will end up 4 or 5 years down the road.

Hope we do better in the future.

Would take Eric dungy over Pickett any day, and also I don’t understand the article bringing td into the mix that was a completely different staff. I’ll say it till my face turns blue, Schafer makes Lester his oc from the get go. odds are he’s still here.
Shafer wouldn’t be here, Coyle hated him. And Shafer was a moron when Lester was his OC too

Yeah. But can he knock a beer bottle off of a mailbox with a football from 50 yards away?

Schools miss on kids everyday and everywhere. So dumb. Look at the kids that get drafted from smaller schools. Look at the kid that transferred from Albany to FSU? These articles are mind numbing

You don't think Oregon, Washington, Oregon St didn't miss on Dungey? He's 45 to 90 miles away to both Oregon Schools

Schools miss on kids everyday and everywhere. So dumb. Look at the kids that get drafted from smaller schools. Look at the kid that transferred from Albany to FSU? These articles are mind numbing

You don't think Oregon, Washington, Oregon St didn't miss on Dungey? He's 45 to 90 miles away to both Oregon Schools
Thousands of Maryland fans are upset that Sean Tucker is not wearing their colors.

Pitt also landed a three star recruit in Aaron Donald who only had offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Akron and Toledo. He had a pretty good career at Pitt in winning the Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik and Bronco Nagurski awards. Hindsight is 20/20... but that one is a head scratcher as he's headed to Canton, Ohio.

Pitt also landed a three star recruit in Aaron Donald who only had offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Akron and Toledo. He had a pretty good career at Pitt in winning the Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik and Bronco Nagurski awards. Hindsight is 20/20... but that one is a head scratcher as he's headed to Canton, Ohio.
There's a guy from Rochester NY name Chandler that agrees with you.

There's a guy from Rochester NY name Chandler that agrees with you.
Sorry who is that ? I know a Chandler from Endicott that was happy to wear Orange.

Absolutely, just another “ We’re so bad , we do nothing right , blah blah ………..