Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

To my Star Wars peeps, I got a pretty good response when I posted that fan film about Vader so I figured I’d sent another link your way during lockdown.

Below is a link to a fan made version of the fight between Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi in Episode 4. You will recall, it was the first lightsaber battle ever put on film and it was, well, very lackluster compared to what came later. Considering the magnitude of the event when looked at in the bigger picture, it should be one of the most epic battles in the entire saga.

This came out a little while back but in my opinion, this fan made “reimagining” of that confrontation elevates it to a proper level, and more. It also remakes Vader into the terrifying and menacing opponent he would have actually been. I think it is pure awesome. I thought you all would like it too and maybe we can get a bit of discussion about it to pass the time.

Fantastic. Thank you.

To my Star Wars peeps, I got a pretty good response when I posted that fan film about Vader so I figured I’d sent another link your way during lockdown.

Below is a link to a fan made version of the fight between Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi in Episode 4. You will recall, it was the first lightsaber battle ever put on film and it was, well, very lackluster compared to what came later. Considering the magnitude of the event when looked at in the bigger picture, it should be one of the most epic battles in the entire saga.

This came out a little while back but in my opinion, this fan made “reimagining” of that confrontation elevates it to a proper level, and more. It also remakes Vader into the terrifying and menacing opponent he would have actually been. I think it is pure awesome. I thought you all would like it too and maybe we can get a bit of discussion about it to pass the time.

That's an incredible job! Well done!

There were so many cool elements to it. Vader’s suit temporarily catching on fire, the head butt, the force push to saber throw.

Funny about the kegs and stuff, lol. I never thought of that!

So, I sent that link to a friend of mine -- he'd already seen it, but indicated that one of the cool things about that segment was that it also included a cut scene from a video game, showing part of that battle.

I didn't pick up on that, but it explains [in part] why the production values were phenomenal. BTW, I'm not bringing that up as a criticism -- pretty freaking cool if you ask me for them to pull that kind of stuff in and weave it seamlessly.

So, I sent that link to a friend of mine -- he'd already seen it, but indicated that one of the cool things about that segment was that it also included a cut scene from a video game, showing part of that battle.

I didn't pick up on that, but it explains [in part] why the production values were phenomenal. BTW, I'm not bringing that up as a criticism -- pretty freaking cool if you ask me for them to pull that kind of stuff in and weave it seamlessly.

I can't speak to that video game thing, but by the looks of this behind the scenes, they went all out creating a good deal of it:

the flashback scene I thought was pretty well done where they show younger Luke and leia training.
Okay, so I'm not the expert that you all are, but I finally got around to watching the movie for the first time last night. Yeah, I'm cheap and didn't want to pay extra.

Someone please let me know if this was the first time we'd ever heard about Leia training to be a Jedi, because I don't recall that ever coming out prior to this movie. But I'm probably wrong.

And no, I'm not using the spoiler deal because it's been nearly 2 years. And if I made it that long without reading this thread, I'm assuming others are as well.

Okay, so I'm not the expert that you all are, but I finally got around to watching the movie for the first time last night. Yeah, I'm cheap and didn't want to pay extra.

Someone please let me know if this was the first time we'd ever heard about Leia training to be a Jedi, because I don't recall that ever coming out prior to this movie. But I'm probably wrong.

And no, I'm not using the spoiler deal because it's been nearly 2 years. And if I made it that long without reading this thread, I'm assuming others are as well.
I believe it is part of the canon in the books, but yes,never on film..

Her death kinda ruined the storyline of her being the ‘Last Jedi’. It made them come up with another story for the final film.

Each of the 3 were to have a ‘movie’ in the latest trilogy. Han, Luke and Leia.

Yeah first they showed it in the films, but if you recall, in Return of the Jedi, Leia tells Luke he has a power she doesn't understand and could never have. Luke then tells Leia that she's his sister and goes on to say "you'll learn to use that power too." So it was foreshadowed all the way back in the original trilogy. Then of course there was the "Carrie Poppins" moment in Ep 8 where she uses the force to "fly" back to her ship after she was ejected into outer space, indicating she had gotten some kind of force training.

Yeah first they showed it in the films, but if you recall, in Return of the Jedi, Leia tells Luke he has a power she doesn't understand and could never have. Luke then tells Leia that she's his sister and goes on to say "you'll learn to use that power too." So it was foreshadowed all the way back in the original trilogy. Then of course there was the "Carrie Poppins" moment in Ep 8 where she uses the force to "fly" back to her ship after she was ejected into outer space, indicating she had gotten some kind of force training.
That was hilarious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom