Star Wars The Last Jedi trailer | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars The Last Jedi trailer

That movie's going to be hot garbage.

Interesting stuff from this:

1. Kylo Ren has his light saber. It looked like the light saber was destroyed in his duel with Rey, but this trailer shows him with his same light saber. Makes me think her strike against him actually cut off his hand rather than cutting his light saber in two like I had originally thought.
2. No Snoke in the trailer.
3. They are clearly going to show the details of the Rey dream sequence from Force Awakens. The scene where Luke and R2 observe ruins/flaming temple is the same scene of Luke/R2 from her dream, just from a different angle. I was thinking this would happen, but glad to see it confirmed.
4. We'll see more Jedi training. The voice over clearly comes from Jedi training, but of a different sort than we have seen before so that seems cool.

I wonder why they have Ren smaller than Luke? Also notice her light saber is blue and red. I think she isn't guaranteed to be all good. This goes back to the last movie. Palpatine family lineage still much in play if you ask me.

I wonder why they have Ren smaller than Luke? Also notice her light saber is blue and red. I think she isn't guaranteed to be all good. This goes back to the last movie. Palpatine family lineage still much in play if you ask me.
Because the Force is out of balance?

Because the Force is out of balance?

See, I always had a theory that Luke is actually a dark side guy. Not a Sith, but a dark side guy. If we accept that bringing "balance" to the force means that there equal light and dark side users. The prophecy said that Anakin would bring this balance. And he did, but only if Luke is a dark side user. Anakin killed Palpatine (and himself in the process), leaving only two people left: Luke and Leia. Leia was always portrayed as absolutely pure so there is no way she represents the dark side. So who is balancing her out? Luke. The guy who showed up in Return of the Jedi in all black, threatening people, force choking dudes, and attempting to strike down a defenseless Emperor. Luke violated every single caution and directive that Yoda and Obi Wan threw at him and then, in an emotional rage, tried to murder somebody. That sounds pretty dark side to me. I am hoping they explore this more and it looks like that is the direction they seem to be going. The conflict between light and dark within one person. Clearly Kylo Ren is in this mold and I think Luke is too. Maybe Luke trying to figure out this gray area is what caused Kylo to go off the rails - clearly Rey has some edge to her too if you watch her prowling around a felled Kylo Ren at the end of Force Awakens. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.

See, I always had a theory that Luke is actually a dark side guy. Not a Sith, but a dark side guy. If we accept that bringing "balance" to the force means that there equal light and dark side users. The prophecy said that Anakin would bring this balance. And he did, but only if Luke is a dark side user. Anakin killed Palpatine (and himself in the process), leaving only two people left: Luke and Leia. Leia was always portrayed as absolutely pure so there is no way she represents the dark side. So who is balancing her out? Luke. The guy who showed up in Return of the Jedi in all black, threatening people, force choking dudes, and attempting to strike down a defenseless Emperor. Luke violated every single caution and directive that Yoda and Obi Wan threw at him and then, in an emotional rage, tried to murder somebody. That sounds pretty dark side to me. I am hoping they explore this more and it looks like that is the direction they seem to be going. The conflict between light and dark within one person. Clearly Kylo Ren is in this mold and I think Luke is too. Maybe Luke trying to figure out this gray area is what caused Kylo to go off the rails - clearly Rey has some edge to her too if you watch her prowling around a felled Kylo Ren at the end of Force Awakens. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.
I have a slightly different take. The force is a power that is harnessed by its users so the fewer users the more powerful they become. Luke is good but so much so that he knows the force will rebalance itself with evil such that the only way to defeat the Sith is to have no more Jedi. Anakin brought balance to the Force but on the evil side.

There's zero chance 5 movies in that they make Luke a bad guy.

I have a slightly different take. The force is a power that is harnessed by its users so the fewer users the more powerful they become. Luke is good but so much so that he knows the force will rebalance itself with evil such that the only way to defeat the Sith is to have no more Jedi. Anakin brought balance to the Force but on the evil side.

There's zero chance 5 movies in that they make Luke a bad guy.

I don't think he'll be a bad guy per se. But he won't be what the Jedi have espoused for all this time as to what it is to be a Jedi. If you watch the prequels and even original trilogy, the Jedi are constantly breaking their own rules and their insistence that Anakin follow all their draconian directives and hide his personal relationships was a big part of driving him away. Luke, I think, is something completely new (although I think in some of the other canon materials that I haven't read/seen there are some examples) of a "Jedi" who is good, but not to the standards that were always laid out.

To add to the thought. They really didn't wait 5 movies in. They have portrayed Luke as a ticking time bomb since basically Empire. If you really pay attention, he does absolutely everything that Yoda/Kenobi tell him NOT to do. They repeatedly tell him if he does X it is an irreversable path to the dark side. And he does X. Every time. I'm not completely sure why there was so much of that in the original trilogy because they never fully explored it, yet it is in your face for all of Ep 5 and 6. Then they doubled down by showing Anakin doing some identical stuff in Ep 2 and 3 (like murdering Dooku which was an identical scene to Luke's attempted murder of Palpatine).

Isn't the balance Luke / Rey versus Snoke / Kylo Ren?

That assumes on my end that Snoke is a dark jedi.

Isn't the balance Luke / Rey versus Snoke / Kylo Ren?

That assumes on my end that Snoke is a dark jedi.

Possibly, but I was talking about at the end of Ep 6. Of course, Snoke - whoever he is - was alive at that time, so who knows?

I don't think he'll be a bad guy per se. But he won't be what the Jedi have espoused for all this time as to what it is to be a Jedi. If you watch the prequels and even original trilogy, the Jedi are constantly breaking their own rules and their insistence that Anakin follow all their draconian directives and hide his personal relationships was a big part of driving him away. Luke, I think, is something completely new (although I think in some of the other canon materials that I haven't read/seen there are some examples) of a "Jedi" who is good, but not to the standards that were always laid out.

To add to the thought. They really didn't wait 5 movies in. They have portrayed Luke as a ticking time bomb since basically Empire. If you really pay attention, he does absolutely everything that Yoda/Kenobi tell him NOT to do. They repeatedly tell him if he does X it is an irreversable path to the dark side. And he does X. Every time. I'm not completely sure why there was so much of that in the original trilogy because they never fully explored it, yet it is in your face for all of Ep 5 and 6. Then they doubled down by showing Anakin doing some identical stuff in Ep 2 and 3 (like murdering Dooku which was an identical scene to Luke's attempted murder of Palpatine).
They have to do that in the original because the protagonist requires conflict to actually have a story.

I think we're going to find out Yoda was right about the prophecy.

They have to do that in the original because the protagonist requires conflict to actually have a story.

I think we're going to find out Yoda was right about the prophecy.

What did he say about it?

on a side note, just back from Disney and boy are they are gearing up to make Star Wars a huge focal point.

don't know if all are aware, but Mickey's Sorcerer hat from Hollywood Studios is gone and there is a big stage there now.

the stage has the SW logo and says a Galaxy Far Far Away. they do a show there like 5x a day which consists of movie montages, characters on stage shooting blasters and fighting with light sabers etc. it was impressive.

there is also the March of the 1st Order every hour on the hour. this basically is Captain Phasma and a unit of Storm Troopers marching up Sunset Blvd to the Stage for a little show then marching back down. they play the 1st Order music the whole time, its pretty cool.

then, when I was leaving for good on the Mickey Express, the driver said if you look to your right, you see all the down trees and the construction...its all for Star Wars Land, pretty big, will be 15 acres.

Last edited:
on a side note, just back from Disney and boy are they are gearing up to make Star Wars a huge focal point.

don't know if all are aware, but Mickey's Sorcerer hat from Hollywood Studios is gone and there is a big stage there now.

the stage has the SW logo and says a Galaxy Far Far Away. they do a show there like 5x a day which consists of movie montages, characters on stage shooting blasters and fighting with light sabers etc. it was impressive.

there is also the March of the 1st Order every hour on the hour. this basically is Captain Phasma and a unit of Storm Troopers marching up Sunset Blvd to the Stage for a little show then marching back down. they play the 1st Order music the whole time, its pretty cool.

then, when I was leaving for good on the Mickey Express, the driver said if you look to your right, you see all the down trees and the construction...its all for Star Wars Land, pretty big, will be 15 acres.
More importantly, both Disneyland and world are getting Star Wars land in 2019, like 14 acres worth I hear.

Not sure which Disney you were at, but at Disneyland the Star Wars area is a clogged up mess. They need a rebuild

Not sure which Disney you were at, but at Disneyland the Star Wars area is a clogged up mess. They need a rebuild
I was in WDW.

on the busiest week of the year...

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:noidea:

I was in WDW.

on the busiest week of the year...

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:noidea:
"Honey what should we do this week with the kids on Spring Break? Disney? Perfect! Shouldn't be anyone there this time of year!"

Hope you know the fast pass system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom