djcon57

Living Legend
Va Tech - Down 12-7 when Bell subbed out at 13:23
Uva - Down 16-9 when Bell subbed out at 13:46
LVille - Down 19-10 when Bell subbed out at 12:29
BC - Down 10-6 when Bell subbed out 14:20
Pitt - Down 28-16 when Bell subbed out at 9:01
Cornell - Down 11-7 when Bell subbed out at 15:07

This is INSANITY to keep doing this and frankly unfair to the other players on the team. If you have to start him, fine, but pull him sooner like you did in Cornell game.

This is INSANITY to keep doing this and frankly unfair to the other players on the team. If you have to start him, fine, but pull him sooner like you did in Cornell game.

Bell is reason #1.

Benny should sit too.

Start Brown and JT. Let's right with J4M lineup to start and if a guy can't handle being benched, so be it. It's not like we're ranked top 10 right now. My god, we need change. JB has given Benny and Bell all the runway in the world.

Bell is reason #1.

Benny should sit too.

Start Brown and JT. Let's right with J4M lineup to start and if a guy can't handle being benched, so be it. It's not like we're ranked top 10 right now. My god, we need change. JB has given Benny and Bell all the runway in the world.
I'd prefer to go with JT and Brown, but...whatever...start Benny and Bell if it's going well, ride it, but the hook needs to be fast. That Pitt situation is unacceptable.

Second post, just to be clear, he should NOT start. It's over. We need wins.

Whats the boards opinion, does Boheim realize this? If he does, why does he continue doing this?

For the year:

Our best center option in terms of PER, WS/40 and BPM: Jesse (obviously)
Our best guards (top two) in terms of PER, WS/40 and BPM: Judah and Joe
Our forwards (top two) in terms of WS/40 and BPM: Maliq and JT. In terms of PER, it's Maliq and Benny, with JT right behind him, and you can imagine how it's trending with PER.

This is a no-brainer. Get Maliq and JT into the starting lineup.

Just guessing here. I imagine Boeheim would not hang it all on Bell's play -- sometimes Mintz or Girard or both aren't that great out of the gate.

He also believes (from his comments) that Bell is a good shooter and Williams is our best overall forward, Obviously he wants Williams to take his game inside and stop trying to be a perimeter forward. Seems like Boeheim is pushing these kids, hoping they will come around.

But, whether they start or not, if the team is more effective with Taylor and Brown playing, those two will get starters minutes. JB is stubborn, but he does want to win.

Bell is reason #1.

Benny should sit too.

Agreed -- as things have shaken out thus far, Brown / Taylor have been our best forwards.

Just guessing here. I imagine Boeheim would not hang it all on Bell's play -- sometimes Mintz or Girard or both aren't that great out of the gate.

He also believes (from his comments) that Bell is a good shooter and Williams is our best overall forward, Obviously he wants Williams to take his game inside and stop trying to be a perimeter forward. Seems like Boeheim is pushing these kids, hoping they will come around.

But, whether they start or not, if the team is more effective with Taylor and Brown playing, those two will get starters minutes. JB is stubborn, but he does want to win.

Would you be willing to push out Maliq and JT for Bell and Brown to have their feelings saved by starting while we continue to be medicore? Because starting guys that don't produce has an impact on the guys that are coming off the bench.

Seems like Boeheim is pushing these kids, hoping they will come around.
I think the point is fair, but at what point your decisions change from being based on what you hope for vs what's actually happening.

If you start Brown or Taylor over Bell and the same type of starts occur, then you can suggest it's Mintz, Joe, etc. Until then, the one consistent we see is when Bell goes out the score changes in our favor.

Maybe it's me, but I thought the trend goes back further than 6 games unless the OP didn't start tracking it until 6 games ago.

Maybe it's me, but I thought the trend goes back further than 6 games unless the OP didn't start tracking it until 6 games ago.

It does, but ran into the Monmouth type games and you could argue the early season we were still getting comfortable and trying various lineups. I felt like the current stretch was worthy of discussion. We know who this team is at this point.

Yup. This team is anemic shooting the ball.

But if Bell isn't hitting shots, he also isn't contributing in other ways to make up for it.

I'll build on this. It almost doesn't matter if he's hitting shots because of how limited he is elsewhere, truly.

It's that bad.

so you're blaming one player for these slow starts? lol that's crazy.

I mean...if you don't understand basic analytics. Yes, It is crazy.

If we started Hima over Jesse and started every game down 5-10, then somehow got better when Jesse came in, would you say...HEY, Jesse plays more, not Hima's fault.

RankNameOBPRDBPRBPR
1Jesse Edwards2.081.183.27
2Joseph Girard2.130.222.35
3Justin Taylor0.911.202.10
4Maliq Brown1.170.902.06
5Judah Mintz1.590.301.90
6Symir Torrence0.640.551.19
7John Bol Ajak-0.400.900.50
8Benny Williams0.240.220.45
9Chris Bell0.19-0.010.18
10Mounir Hima-0.500.49-0.01

I mean...if you don't understand basic analytics. Yes, It is crazy.

If we started Hima over Jesse and started every game down 5-10, then somehow got better when Jesse came in, would you say...HEY, Jesse plays more, not Hima's fault.

RankNameOBPRDBPRBPR
1Jesse Edwards2.081.183.27
2Joseph Girard2.130.222.35
3Justin Taylor0.911.202.10
4Maliq Brown1.170.902.06
5Judah Mintz1.590.301.90
6Symir Torrence0.640.551.19
7John Bol Ajak-0.400.900.50
8Benny Williams0.240.220.45
9Chris Bell0.19-0.010.18
10Mounir Hima-0.500.49-0.01

These are the analytics in the first 7 minutes of those games?

Or does Joe and Judah go 2-10 with 4 turnovers during that stretch and what is Benny doing during this time to?

Basic analytics right?

These are the analytics in the first 7 minutes of those games?

Or does Joe and Judah go 2-10 with 4 turnovers during that stretch and what is Benny doing during this time to?

Basic analytics right?
This is what Bell does when he's ON THE FLOOR, hence it includes the first 7 mins of those games.

If you want to close your eyes to basic numbers, be my guest.

You must be shocked like a youngster on christmas day when the games flips every time he comes out. Must be joyous.

its a good thing the other team isnt subbing guys in and out to mess with our lineups until we get adjusted each game.

Even if you don’t believe there are big coincidences and little coincidences just coincidences… it’s pretty coincidental. And one would think that a reasonable reaction would be to test such a theory. But, that either hasn’t occurred to Coach, or he has rejected the idea for some nefarious reason, or—my completely unsupported guess—it’s a ’non-starter’ because the starting role was part of the recruitment.

Would be curious to see how many of these starts of games also feature Benny playing while Brown is on the bench.

This is what Bell does when he's ON THE FLOOR.

If you want to close your eyes to basic numbers, be my guest.

You must be shocked like a youngster on christmas day when the games flips every time he comes out. Must be joyous.

No I'm shocked that people who watch the games can be so clueless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom