Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Exactly these twitter people harassing any kid are such douche bags. What is wrong with people?

Wouldn't surprise me if programs like Miami have people who pose as fans from other schools and tweet negative stuff to recruits.

As far as I am concerned AE and EO, BOL to you, and the best part, we will see you on the field. EO on the bench and AE as a part time FB! Enough on these two, time to move on and close all refernce to these guys once and for all, they have had enough attention already. I am excited for the kids that stuck and have joined this progrom. Go Orange!

I played HS football in NY. My son is playing HS football in OH. My senior year NY team had 2 players that went to SU, 1 to Colgate, 1 to Alabama, 1 to Michigan. Also had a player turn down a D1 scholly because he was a 1st round pick in MLB. (weren't all seniors but were all on varsity). My son's HS will send linemen into the NFL the next 3 seasons. This past season we had 1 D1 lineman and 1 D3 lineman, a junior QB getting looks from SEC schools and a D2 WR...and we weren't very good in Ohio Division II. I'm fairly familiar with HS footbal in both NY and OH and I can tell you there is no comparison. Every week our HS here is going against kids going to OSU, Michigan, Michigan St, Kentucky etc. Oh and by the way, yesterday my son met Urban Meyer when he stopped by the school. No he's not recruiting my son (yet?) and I'm not really sure if our school has anyone of OSU caliber, I think Urban was just making the rounds developing relationships. It would not be a waste of time for SU to send a recruiter on the rounds in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus. Tons of talent around Ohio.

I absolutely agree with you that there is a lot of football talent in the state of Ohio. Congrats to your son and good luck to him!

I absolutely agree with you that there is a lot of football talent in the state of Ohio. Congrats to your son and good luck to him!
We used to recruit heavy in Ohio Solon and Stowe were deep in players we took or looked at. Massillon was another town we had luck in recruiting

What is up with the RB coach's kid? Speculation was he may move from NM to SU also? Anyone heard anything?

noticed that miami has only two commits this year from florida,the locals knows somethings that the out of staters don't know. HAMMERS

I hope that Edwards has a great run at the U. I posted a long time ago that of all of the kids from NYC i felt that he would benefit the most by coming to Syracuse. I feel as if he needed the support of family and friends and think that he has made a major life choice mistake. It seems so odd that he decided to move on especially with
Shafer being head coach and all of his friends on the team. This one is odd at best.

maybe he wants to get away from the issues at home revolving that girl's suicide. Might be alot of drama still surrounding the issue that we don't know about.

maybe he wants to get away from the issues at home revolving that girl's suicide. Might be alot of drama still surrounding the issue that we don't know about.

I don't know if there is still drama going on but maybe he feels getting as far away as possible from home and a school, SU, where too many other NYC kids know him, is his way of putting this past year behind him. Making a fresh start.

Looks like the U may be out of scholarships, hence the Kirkland saga.

Where does that leave Gus and really, why should we care now...

Looks like the U may be out of scholarships, hence the Kirkland saga.

Where does that leave Gus and really, why should we care now...

I know there are a bunch of posts about Gus to the U but FSU is in the lead, not U

Bold prediction...Gus recommits to the Cuse and I am betting this month's mortgage on it. Kid is confused and will come to his senses Tuesday evening.

Bold prediction...Gus recommits to the Cuse and I am betting this month's mortgage on it. Kid is confused and will come to his senses Tuesday evening.

With any luck there will be no spots open for him

At this point in time I don't want him coming here, and I hope the staff feels the same way. I wish him well, but not at this school, don't want to have someone here that you end up having to babysit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom