Steel beams for new Syracuse football indoor practice facility have arrived | Syracusefan.com

Steel beams for new Syracuse football indoor practice facility have arrived

This has probably already been discussed, but what are the plans for Manley once the new IDPF is finished?

He might be a slow reader. It seems more and more stories make into the PS that are discussed in depth here before a PS reporter finally writes something on it.

Not to mention that in the comment sections after a couple of their own stories, several posters have made it known that the beams were delivered and being stored at sky top. Who knows, he might be intentionally doing it to have stories for a slow football news period.

This has probably already been discussed, but what are the plans for Manley once the new IDPF is finished?

I wanted to ask this too... If they are putting Soccer, Lacrosse and Football into the new facility it seems Manley doesn't really have a purpose... Softball? Field Hockey? A lot of space to use for just those sports.

I wanted to ask this too... If they are putting Soccer, Lacrosse and Football into the new facility it seems Manley doesn't really have a purpose... Softball? Field Hockey? A lot of space to use for just those sports.

Track.

Multiple options for naming rights are on the table, Giansante said, and an announcement could be made in the future.

Wegmans!

We should contact Red Bull. They sponser everything

I'm glad that there is finally some positive momentum on this, but it's a little disappointing to hear that they haven't secured naming rights yet. As for Manley, I hope they give track some space back, but if the IPF is going to be shared by football and four other teams, that's not exactly helping football as much as it needs is it?

SyrFan.com tailgates in inclement weather. Gonna build a barbecue pit/grill right in the center of the place. Exclusive to pay side members only though.

Thought cost of IDPF was $19 M not $13 M. Did they cut back for compared to other schools in the ACC, this one may be bare bones.

Thought cost of IDPF was $19 M not $13 M. Did they cut back for compared to other schools in the ACC, this one may be bare bones.
Good grief! BC uses a glorified tent. Hasn't seemed to hurt them any.

[quoe="OrangeinBoston, post: 993309, member: 478"]Good grief! BC uses a glorified tent. Hasn't seemed to hurt them any.[/quote]

Yes It has.

u

[quoe="OrangeinBoston, post: 993309, member: 478"]Good grief! BC uses a glorified tent. Hasn't seemed to hurt them any.

Yes It has.

u[/quote]
I think you are confusing the tent with Spaziani.

Good grief! BC uses a glorified tent. Hasn't seemed to hurt them any.

From an article last year... BC would build one if they could.

"The program desperately needs its own dedicated practice facility if it hopes to keep up with the rest of the conference in the ever-escalating college football arms race. The new Yawkey Center is great and all, but BC's football facilities continue to lag behind the rest of the ACC.
The problem? There's nowhere to build a proper football indoor facility."

As for Manley, I hope they give track some space back, but if the IPF is going to be shared by football and four other teams, that's not exactly helping football as much as it needs is it?
The lax teams would really only need it between the football bowl season and the end of the basketball season. The latter occurs before the start of Spring football. These practices wouldn't impact the football program at all.

Let's just be honest and admit that we want ESPN $$$$. For a token donation of say, $10MM, we will call it the ESPN IPF and allow them to build a TV studio addition on the IPF as well as one at the Dome. We will require the latest in Technology and that they staff their studio crew with Newhouse students. (Crazy imagination off)

Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT 21m
Blog: VT's BOV approves financing plan for indoor practice facility; construction to start this summer http://goo.gl/9ek1uY #Hokies

"Virginia Tech's indoor football practice facility took another step forward Monday when the school's Board of Visitors unanimously approved an interim financing plan for the $21.3 million, 120,000-square foot building."