Sterling Hofrichter leads 6 Syracuse football players on Athlon preseason All-ACC team | Syracusefan.com

Sterling Hofrichter leads 6 Syracuse football players on Athlon preseason All-ACC team

Dd61MHJUwAAejVs.jpg
Dd61MHJU8AASWXo.jpg

Dd61MHGUQAEt9cv.jpg

Dd61MHGV0AEDUQ7.jpg

I was thinking about this yesterday - in terms of pure potential, I feel like a couple of Babers O-Line recruits, both starters and reserves, have a higher ceiling than Conway. This is based on nothing, just a gut feeling. So if Conway can perform at an All-ACC level and the younger guys can match, that bodes well for the future.

Athlon really likes BC. Nominated with 5 first teamers and 9 overall. Glad we have them in the Dome this year.

Athlon really likes BC. Nominated with 5 first teamers and 9 overall. Glad we have them in the Dome this year.
Wish we had them in the Dome this year. Considering BC's obstacles, Addazio gets a lot of that program. That 240lb freshman AJ Dillon (CT) killed us and others last year. AJ Dillon

BC scares me. I think they can be 8-4 this year. The ACC is a gauntlet but if you play good defense (they do), have a good OL (they do) and have a good ground game (Dillon is a beast) then you can win games. Our hope is we jump on them early and limit his effectiveness

BC scares me. I think they can be 8-4 this year. The ACC is a gauntlet but if you play good defense (they do), have a good OL (they do) and have a good ground game (Dillon is a beast) then you can win games. Our hope is we jump on them early and limit his effectiveness
Yeah, Bill Connelly has Wake at 34 as well. The crossover games are both winnable. Need to beat somebody in the Atlantic as well to make a bowl.

Yeah, Bill Connelly has Wake at 34 as well. The crossover games are both winnable. Need to beat somebody in the Atlantic as well to make a bowl.

And with depth AND 6 preseason all-acc-teamers - we can do it. See! We brought it back to the topic

BC is good and will be a stern test for us on the last game of the year. Our automatic win is no longer. We need to hope the ACC turns sideways again similar to when BC entered the ACC and the games are all winnable. They were in ACC Championship games w a great qb. Need for FSU/Clemson to come back to earth. I think it will happen

Wish we had them in the Dome this year. Considering BC's obstacles, Addazio gets a lot of that program. That 240lb freshman AJ Dillon (CT) killed us and others last year. AJ Dillon

Very true, many view him as a meathead and he has stubbornly stuck to old school football approaches. In doing so, he recruits like crazy when it comes to the defense, OL, and rbs, and even qbs at times. Drives me nuts, the talent he pulls in. I think a big selling point lies in the fact that he plays a style on defense that will get a kid looked at by pro eyes. As for the OL and rbs, well they have been killing it for years.

If we win both crossovers (UNC & Pitt) we should be 5-2 at that point. Only a collapse down the stretch like last year would keep us home during bowl season. I think better depth this year will help a great deal!

BC is good and will be a stern test for us on the last game of the year. Our automatic win is no longer. We need to hope the ACC turns sideways again similar to when BC entered the ACC and the games are all winnable. They were in ACC Championship games w a great qb. Need for FSU/Clemson to come back to earth. I think it will happen
Automatic win is gone? We have had precious few automatic wins over the last 15 seasons. I don't remember BC ever being one of those.

Automatic win is gone? We have had precious few automatic wins over the last 15 seasons. I don't remember BC ever being one of those.

Was being sarcastic. Some people considered BC an auto win in the predictions. Our window w them is closed. I worry that one of the ND/BC games will be must wins

First I feel Slayton to be a first team kid. I hope he shows everyone and gets drafted early. Great man child. I also think and hope we have at least one or two oline guys thank can go one on one with Slayton and not get killed as that would tell me we are improving that area. My last hope is we are changing d a little and as I have heard we are playing a little more man and praying that our Safeties are ready for it. Ps. I think Robinson can be a possibility all-acc also with a good year. Kid is super athletic with instincts.

Very true, only our FCS opponent is a given. BC, WMU, NC...all will be a battle for different reasons.