Steve Ishmael Earns Walter Camp All-America Honors | Syracusefan.com

Steve Ishmael Earns Walter Camp All-America Honors

Thank you for posting and if I could, I would like this 100X!!! Gonna soooo miss this kid. Another spring game story. Believe it was Ish's Soph year in April and of course after the spring game hit the field to meet as many players and coaches as possible. We all remember the setup. I loved it and wish it would come back.

Well, as I was in line to meet Ish, the father and son in front of me stepped up to Ish and ISH looked down and said...Hey Kevin! How are ya little guy, something to that effect. He remembered the kids name from the meet and greet the prior year and that just melted me.

Go Ish!!!

First offensive player ever to make it? Really?! Not Harrison or Dnabb or Qadry?

Wait just remembered gedney was a TE. But still can't believe Dnabb, Harrison and qadry didn't make it.

First offensive player ever to make it? Really?! Not Harrison or Dnabb or Qadry?

Wait just remembered gedney was a TE. But still can't believe Dnabb, Harrison and qadry didn't make it.
And Flannery was oline. Hard to believe McNabb and Harrison didn't make it. Probably got beat out by guys from pass happy offenses the same way Ish benefitted from one.

Best WR since Harrison. Great year great career, great ambassador to the program. Thanks Ish. Go get yours next season!!

And Flannery was oline. Hard to believe McNabb and Harrison didn't make it. Probably got beat out by guys from pass happy offenses the same way Ish benefitted from one.
If I recall correctly, Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Cade McNown were the other big QB's McNabb's Sr. Year. I'd imagine Couch was 1st team.

I think that '99 class was very strong as a whole. Can't remember for sure.

If I recall correctly, Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Cade McNown were the other big QB's McNabb's Sr. Year. I'd imagine Couch was 1st team.

It was. I think 6 or 7 were drafted in the first round. Dante Culpepper was another good one that year. It was probably more meaningful that McNabb was drafted 2nd overall than what awards he was beat out for.

Best WR since Harrison. Great year great career, great ambassador to the program. Thanks Ish. Go get yours next season!!
Would've been fun to see how Mike Williams would've done in this offense.

Michael Bishop as well, for the college QB part, not pro. Daunte Culpepper was the other pro prospect that year.

Harrison was behind Keyshawn and Terry Glenn, they were the first team AAs and the first two WRs drafted.

Would've been fun to see how Mike Williams would've done in this offense.

no doubt, such a shame the kid was such a trainwreck off the field, because on the field he was the best WR talent we have had here in many many years. Better than Marvin, Rob Moore, Tommy Kane(sorry) etc etc. Top 10 first round talent, undrafted free agent between the ears. Guess that averaged out to where he ended up being drafted.

Michael Bishop as well, for the college QB part, not pro. Daunte Culpepper was the other pro prospect that year.

Harrison was behind Keyshawn and Terry Glenn, they were the first team AAs and the first two WRs drafted.

I went to the 1996 draft, I was screaming for Marvin as soon as the Jets picked Keyshawn which they should have. I couldn't believe it when the Rams took Eddie Kennison right before Marvin, I thought I was going to have a stroke.

no doubt, such a shame the kid was such a trainwreck off the field, because on the field he was the best WR talent we have had here in many many years. Better than Marvin, Rob Moore, Tommy Kane(sorry) etc etc. Top 10 first round talent, undrafted free agent between the ears. Guess that averaged out to where he ended up being drafted.
I don't know if I'd say better than Moore or Harrison (Kane was a bit before my time) but he's certainly in their company. I always marveled at Moore's measureables. I have a card of his that had his verticle at 43" and his 40 at something like a 4.38. I wish he had been blessed with a qb like Harrison was. Maybe he would've had more seasons like his all pro one with the Cardinals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom