Steve Ishmael named 3rd team AP All-American | Syracusefan.com

Steve Ishmael named 3rd team AP All-American

Congrats to Steve Ishmael!

He's just some pure speed away from being the total package.

Congrats to Steve Ishmael!

He's just some pure speed away from being the total package.

True, but he makes up for it by being a very physical WR and has great hands. He will definitely be playing Sunday.

Could have and should have been a second team AA. Nonetheless, congrats to Ish on a great career.

If you're a receiver and want to be recognized among the countries best, you should start looking at SU.

Ish is only the 2nd wide receiver in the history of SU football to be an AP All-American (along with Art Monk in 1979). Harrison and Kevin Johnson were both AAs, but as kick returners.

Last edited:
I th
Ish is only the 2nd wide receiver in the history of SU football to be an AP All-American (along with Art Monk in 1979). Harrison and Kevin Johnson were both AAs, but as kick returners.

And he's our first overall AA at any position since Freeney in 2001.
I thought Amba made it last season?

And he's our first overall AA at any position since Freeney in 2001.

Back to back years, which was ONLY possible because of Coach Babers and this system.

Kids should be drooling.

Could have and should have been a second team AA. Nonetheless, congrats to Ish on a great career.

If you're a receiver and want to be recognized among the countries best, you should start looking at SU.
I don't know enough for sure, but you have to wonder if a couple more wins this year would have moved him up. Nothing to do with his performance.

Well deserved honor. I hope him and his glue hands do well at the next level.

I don't know enough for sure, but you have to wonder if a couple more wins this year would have moved him up. Nothing to do with his performance.

That's a great point and the answer is...YES! Teams that win are just more on the national radar for personal performances. Its human nature.

Would love to see Steve go to a strong team. I hate the Pats but he would be a strong fit with them.

Agree, geeez, just seems like a perfect fit. Would also love to see him on my Steelers, but that's a tough wr corps to crack. SF could use a guy like Ish. Love the way Jimmy G looks thus far.

What's crazy to me is that for the 2nd year in a row we'll have an AA WR. And, for the 2nd year in a row, they may go undrafted. I don't believe that should be the case, it's crazy IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom