Steven A Smith on SNL | Syracusefan.com

Steven A Smith on SNL

This is great. Mistake by Loren Michaels to leave this on the cutting room floor from the episode that aired on TV last Saturday. It was a good episode (hosted by Mick Jagger) but there were still a couple sketches that weren't as good as this one.

This is great. Mistake by Loren Michaels to leave this on the cutting room floor from the episode that aired on TV last Saturday. It was a good episode (hosted by Mick Jagger) but there were still a couple sketches that weren't as good as this one.

could easily have trimmed (or better yet, deleted) that tedious Stefon bit that wasn't funny the first time Hader did it and just gets more tiresome with each repetition.

Jagger was a good sport last night - and I love the way he mocked Steven Tyler

could easily have trimmed (or better yet, deleted) that tedious Stefon bit that wasn't funny the first time Hader did it and just gets more tiresome with each repetition.

Jagger was a good sport last night - and I love the way he mocked Steven Tyler

I agree. Stefon is very stale, especially when Hader doesn't keep character. That can be funny when genuine but not when it's staged like Hader has admitted to doing. Could have also cut out "Secret Word" too although I'm sure the goal of last night was to get Kristen Wiig as much stage time as possible.

This was one of the better episodes I caught this season (admittedly, not many), but I'm surprised they cut out the Steven A. Smith part. Pharoah nailed it.

The problem with the impression is that it is only funny to people that know Stephen A. You could tell the audience didn't really know how to respond.

To people like us it killed though.

The problem with the impression is that it is only funny to people that know Stephen A. You could tell the audience didn't really know how to respond.

To people like us it killed though.

No doubt Loren felt that way. But from the crowd's reaction they caught on pretty quickly to the premise that Stephen A. brags about being friends with players. Started slow but crossed over well once he got to Chalmers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom