Stewart almost committed to Cuse? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stewart almost committed to Cuse?

Insiders had UW for a nice amount of time leading up...had a slight glimmer of optimism when Weitsman drove 10 hours in a blizzard to watch the announcement tho lol

Jb wouldn't have said it if it wasnt true. I'm inclined to believe him. Further proof to mention the phone call Stewart made to him after.

Stewart was not going to come here. When Hop was here, he was really worried at how badly Stewart wanted to get away. He just wasn't coming to Syracuse. He might have regretted that after. but talk is cheap. He went to Washington. Everything else is just spin.

For the 6 months before he committed, he had exactly one video posted on his Instagram account, and it was him at a Washington football game making the w sign with his hand. Daniel predicted this one I think fairly well in advance of the official announcement. Guess jb was the last guy to find out.

If anybody has Twitch go back and listen to Axe today, JB was all over the place...Kadari had no restrictions except not to shoot 3s, sounded like he wanted Braswell to stay, said most transfers don't work out for the player, basically said goodbye to Griffin and don't let door hit you on the way out and it sounded like he wants Quincy back. I thought JB doesn't care what people say or write, he called into Axe to dispute everything in the DO article

If anybody has Twitch go back and listen to Axe today, JB was all over the place...Kadari had no restrictions except not to shoot 3s, sounded like he wanted Braswell to stay, said most transfers don't work out for the player, basically said goodbye to Griffin and don't let door hit you on the way out and it sounded like he wants Quincy back. I thought JB doesn't care what people say or write, he called into Axe to dispute everything in the DO article

yea that was a good one...” I didnt restrict him , I just told him not to shoot threes” lol

Some guy on a message board is sad for Jim Boeheim. Lol.

tenor.gif

He s
Did JB really read the Daily Orange article and then call Brent Axe? Cmon Jim. Just no need for that.
He said he didn’t hear the show at all but he called between the break of the DO reporter calling in and when he appeared on the show. He sounded flustered.

He s

He said he didn’t hear the show at all but he called between the break of the DO reporter calling in and when he appeared on the show. He sounded flustered.
Hate to say it because I love Father B but reminds me of a certain president calling into random 9pm cable news shows after eating Mickey Ds before going to bed...entertaining but wish he wouldn't do it

lol. I read what you guys write on this board. 100% you’d be calling in too

bwahaha

He s

I find the contrast b/w our Football and Basketball coaches amusing. One totally ignores the media and fanbase during his team's Spring Practice, the other is calling local talk shows complaining about an article written about him.

Stewart was not going to come here. When Hop was here, he was really worried at how badly Stewart wanted to get away. He just wasn't coming to Syracuse. He might have regretted that after. but talk is cheap. He went to Washington. Everything else is just spin.

Agreed.

BTW, when Stewart visited Kentucky, Quade Green sat down with him on the visit and privately told him that he should go to SU, and that Green regretted choosing UK over SU.

Doesn't change that Green picked them over us. And I agree 100% -- that sounds like hindsight regret [just like Green]. I'm sure Stewart DID regret making that choice, after they went on to have a last place conference type of season at Washington during his one season there.

Hindsight being 20/20, I'm sure he would have much rather come to SU, played closer to home, and help put us in contention for a top 20 [or top 10] berth as a dominant inside scorer / rebounder that we lacked. Would have made for a much more fun / fulfilling collegiate hoops experience. But, he didn't elect to come here, so oh well.

Last edited:
Friggin hall of famer worried about what 20plus and some DO writer are saying. Smh.
He mentioned about How A Caller (it was me) said Braswell was a better fit on D and rebounding than Cole...Cole was a 4 star so they must have really done well in recruiting Braswell who is better. Just wacky stuff to connect

Agreed.

BTW, when Stewart visited Kentucky, Quade Green sat down with him on the visit and privately told him that he should go to SU, and that Green regretted choosing UK over SU.

Doesn't change that Green picked them over us. And I agree 100% -- that sounds like hindsight regret [just like Green]. I'm sure Stewart DID regret making that choice, after they went on to have a last place conference type of season at Washington.
I’m not sure if you can have regret when you get drafted in a good spot and are now doing very well in the league. That team was really good before Quade went down, he doesn’t get suspended and they’re a top team. He had a great year there, not sure he has that season with us.

Agreed.

Doesn't change that Green picked them over us. And I agree 100% -- that sounds like hindsight regret [just like Green]. I'm sure Stewart DID regret making that choice, after they went on to have a last place conference type of season at Washington.
that's an interesting bit of info, thanks for sharing

He mentioned about How A Caller (it was me) said Braswell was a better fit on D and rebounding than Cole...Cole was a 4 star so they must have really done well in recruiting Braswell who is better. Just wacky stuff to connect
Braswell is better? We don't even know if the guy can play 30 games in a season. And we sure haven't seen anything to tell us he is better than Swider, who has actually started on good Nova teams.

I’m not sure if you can have regret when you get drafted in a good spot and are now doing very well in the league. That team was really good before Quade went down, he doesn’t get suspended and they’re a top team. He had a great year there, not sure he has that season with us.

Well, according to the Boeheim quote, he has regrets. Not about how it played out in terms of his professional prospects, but how it played out vis a vis his collegiate experience. Two entirely different things.

If you take what JB said at face value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom