STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Disappointing day today. Years ago, I believe 9 or 10, TexanMark was nice enough to sell me some of his ST’s. Those tickets were seats I’d been trying to get for years.

Railing directly in front of us, aisle directly to the left of us. Situated over a tunnel entryway. Same seats I had in the mid-90’s but gave up during college.

Well, I got a call today that they’re expanding the student section and I’m out. He’s trying to relocate me, so we’ll see but I’m not hopeful.

Because nobody goes?
well if we do well probably a bump in ticket sales next yr(2023).. if we get a new coach probably a bump in ticket sales(2023).. if you want to do fancy pricing metrics and stuff you need to get the students in the proper spots to handle over flows for bigger games like ND this yr and you need to get people located in areas where the pricing models work.. you cant have people spread all over paying the same prices in large sections and do any progressive pricing algorithms.

well if we do well probably a bump in ticket sales next yr(2023).. if we get a new coach probably a bump in ticket sales(2023).. if you want to do fancy pricing metrics and stuff you need to get the students in the proper spots to handle over flows for bigger games like ND this yr and you need to get people located in areas where the pricing models work.. you cant have people spread all over paying the same prices in large sections and do any progressive pricing algorithms.
All very valid points I’m sure. But when you’re struggling to get 15k in there now, maybe don’t boot someone whose been paying their ST bills for 20+ years so a half cocked student can show up to two game a year and leave at half.

I say all of this semi sarcastically. Students were much better early on last year. Overflow pushed up to our section as it was. Just sucks that’s all. Win some gd games.

Do you think they called you because of this specifically or have they started going down the list? We put our deposit down for new STH but haven’t been called yet. Hopefully this indicates they will call soon. More importantly though, I hope everything works out and they make it up to you.

Do you think they called you because of this specifically or have they started going down the list? We put our deposit down for new STH but haven’t been called yet. Hopefully this indicates they will call soon. More importantly though, I hope everything works out and they make it up to you.
I’m assuming they’re going down the list for our section. The reps are actually usually very good. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad experience on the phone with them and they’ll do everything they can for you.

I don’t think they’ll call directly without reason, but it’s been a long time since I was a new STH, so I could be wrong.

I have been in Section 210 / Row A and have missed one home game in the past 32 years.

I have not received a call but will livid if I get forced out of these seats for students who show up in force to a few games each season and leave by the end of the 3rd quarter.

We shall see what happens. I am sure the 15,000+ season ticket holders are all diehard/long term season ticket holders like me who have supported the team thru all the lousy years. It sucks to get forced out of seats and moved away from people we have become friends with over the years.

Last edited:
Those ticket prices are certainly going up this year (hey ND!) and I’m curious to see how the boards gonna react. Does anyone have renewals yet?

308…

We have other seats, these were just the ones I preferred best.

Interesting that they're moving them that far over. Wonder if they're getting rid of the other side overflow to free them up for away (ND) fans? Seems like that other side is almost never used.

We're in 309. Haven't received any calls as of yet.

Will they leave a voicemail when they call typically? My iPhone automatically silences unknown callers as I sleep during the day. I definitely want to secure our pick of seats as soon as I can as we’re hoping for aisle seats.

Interesting that they're moving them that far over. Wonder if they're getting rid of the other side overflow to free them up for away (ND) fans? Seems like that other side is almost never used.

We're in 309. Haven't received any calls as of yet.
Yeah, it’s easier for them. They were shipping them over to 313/314 last year when 307 filled up.

Almost our entire area has been there since I’ve been there, we had a really solid group.

Those ticket prices are certainly going up this year (hey ND!) and I’m curious to see how the boards gonna react. Does anyone have renewals yet?
I talked to my new account rep in early January and he said renewals are coming out on February 1st.

Probably doing it so they don’t have to use 304 as an “overflow” student section. Lot of problems this last season between students and STHs.

Probably doing it so they don’t have to use 304 as an “overflow” student section. Lot of problems this last season between students and STHs.
This. My friends are in 304. It was very frustrating for STH there

Not sure why they would feel the need to over flow into 309, They hardly ever even fill 307 as the over flow. I dont recall them even going to 308 .

Not sure why they would feel the need to over flow into 309, They hardly ever even fill 307 as the over flow. I dont recall them even going to 308 .
I am wondering if they will keep students in the same 100 level seats and have 307 & 308 for overflow.

I agree that those two 300 level sections should be more than enough for the overflow.

This. My friends are in 304. It was very frustrating for STH there
if they would use tarping ideas better they could control this much easier.

tarp like 3-4 seats wide area of 304 and 308 and put the kids between them..

I am wondering if they will keep students in the same 100 level seats and have 307 & 308 for overflow.

I agree that those two 300 level sections should be more than enough for the overflow.
kids are in what 103-104?
put the kids in 113-114

then move the opp fans up to 313-314.. that would create the separation

or over flow to 317-318. Kids show up they fill both sides of the house..

if it was me move the band or move the visitors