STH survey just hit my inbox | Syracusefan.com

STH survey just hit my inbox

Cusefan69

All American
Did others receive? Does anyone know if the responses are actually looked at by those in leadership or is it more a token reach out? I am happy to respond if I know the responses are actually reviewed.

Yup I just finished the survey, moderately lengthy. It shows they care. It was pretty comprehensive as well, they even asked how I felt about the direction of the program which I found to be interesting. Though that’s probably a generic question.

To answer your question though, these surveys cost money I would imagine. No shade but it would be needlessly cynical to assume otherwise.

was the survey from Medallia, Qualtrics, or ForeSee (Verint)?
If so, there's a whole ton of insights and analytics - and they'll reach out to folks based on how many years you've been a STH, whether you're a detractor or heading south, etc...
If it's some Google Form survey, then it's... less scientific.

Yup I just finished the survey, moderately lengthy. It shows they care. It was pretty comprehensive as well, they even asked how I felt about the direction of the program which I found to be interesting. Though that’s probably a generic question.

To answer your question though, these surveys cost money I would imagine. No shade but it would be needlessly cynical to assume otherwise.
Thanks. So I have seen a few places not leverage or even review survey data. If the athletic department views these surveys as listening posts then great. ADJW does come across as someone who listens.

how much can it cost? qualtrics is basically free to set up for a college.

now to actually review/understand the data that can be expensive but given the quality of the questions and answers you can give I dont think they expect much.. Its poorly constructed even if its a solid attempt to find real answers.

Its a skill to ask questions on these things and get constructive results.

now to actually review/understand the data that can be expensive but given the quality of the questions and answers you can give I dont think they expect much.. Its poorly constructed even if its a solid attempt to find real answers.

It’s qualtrics

time to hit the wifi sucks button a thousand times.

how many kids under 18 live in your home? shouldnt zero be an option?
WIFI only sucks in the seats. In the concourses it worked fine

I said its qualtrics.. We use it all the time on campus.. But bad questions get bad results..
I misread your comment. Agree - the questions are what matter. You can get responses by wording things different ways.

Thought this one was fairly open ended - seating angles, comfort, food choices, entrance options, parking and of course wifi which I complained about.

The survey did make me realize I give zero f’s if the person taking my ticket is friendly or not. But they have been very friendly so I rated them as such.

I misread your comment. Agree - the questions are what matter. You can get responses by wording things different ways.

Thought this one was fairly open ended - seating angles, comfort, food choices, entrance options, parking and of course wifi which I complained about.

The survey did make me realize I give zero f’s if the person taking my ticket is friendly or not. But they have been very friendly so I rated them as such.
I agree, When you ask so many questions in so many ways you start to clutter the result.. Some people start to skip or quick click.

At least they identified food/wifi etc as key issues. But they constructed the answers as though each issue should be answered the same way.

If parking is an issue for some is it cost/location/walk is fine but to me the answer key doesnt really describe the issue and then after clicking 3-4-5 pages of buttons do I really to go into detail about the parking issues? I'm sure many give up caring before they get to the issue which might be their main one.

I agree, When you ask so many questions in so many ways you start to clutter the result.. Some people start to skip or quick click.

At least they identified food/wifi etc as key issues. But they constructed the answers as though each issue should be answered the same way.

If parking is an issue for some is it cost/location/walk is fine but to me the answer key doesnt really describe the issue and then after clicking 3-4-5 pages of buttons do I really to go into detail about the parking issues? I'm sure many give up caring before they get to the issue which might be their main one.
Agree good observations. Also asking so much about parking is odd given we can’t do anything with that. food and game day experience? Sure. But parking and access to doors? Not so much.

I’m assuming the survey is from Legends and would imagine their contract with SU is substantial. I just don’t understand why anyone would assume they don’t care/ don’t look at the results when they’re literally asking our opinion on things.

In my first year as a STH I’ve..

1) Won a pregame experience contest exclusive to STH and got to be next to the players tunnel and was on national tv for the ND game.

2) Was offered a post game experience for all STH to have a pregame photo on the field for the FSU game (which we declined).

3) Just received a lengthy survey on a variety of matters asking my opinion.

I definitely feel valued.

I still have not received the survey so i reached out to the head of box office

I’m assuming the survey is from Legends and would imagine their contract with SU is substantial. I just don’t understand why anyone would assume they don’t care/ don’t look at the results when they’re literally asking our opinion on things.

1) Won a pregame experience contest exclusive to STH and got to be next to the players tunnel and was on national tv for the ND game.

2) Was offered a post game experience for all STH to have a pregame photo on the field for the FSU game (which we declined).

Besides the Wi-Fi the only thing I ripped was the tailgate. ;)

To be clear I didn't assume anything, it was an inquiry to someone like Bees to answer who validated people review AND create actions out of the data. He is in the know. As counter intuitive as it may seem, I once worked at a company who didn't action customer feedback actively. It happens...

How many surveys have the done in the last 20 yrs like this , its been a decent amount.. Maybe the new regime actually has some method to the questions. That would be great. I do know that several times in the past the surveys were done in a vacuum because they were told to reach out and get information but the people who sent out the surveys really had no idea how to ask the questions in ways to get good results..

The type of questions to me points to someone knows people are complaining about things and they want to get an idea how wide spread the complaints really are.

Case in pt.. Wifi sucks.. We all know it. So now they have a survey that has some data points where they reached out to X STH and got responses from Y and Z number said WIFI is a hot ticket item. is this new ground breaking info they got from this set of soft questions?

If you really wanted to know details about several of these key things hire 10-20 kids, tell them what info you want to ask about and send them out to the 7 games and talk with people who are tailgating.. Those are the STH for the most part that are passionate. Those are the ones using parking all the time.. Then send them up to skytop or a couple lots are are probably more used by the people are are one-offs. because those people are never gonna be in this survey. the rest of us are paying for parking. $5k done.. SU has marketing in their business courses dont they? This is the stuff they have learn how to do..

Start the survey off with a quick selection asking if you would want to take a more detailed survey later about some set of issues.. Then hit people up with these general questions.. Now you have to sets of data points for each question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom