Still bothers me to THIS day | Syracusefan.com

Still bothers me to THIS day

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.

1. I've never seen a timeout awarded so quickly. I mean it was instantaneous.
2. you cannot award a team a time out if they do not have complete possession of the ball. clearly Jackson never had full possession, second he catches the ball he's tied up.
3. EVEN if you come to the conclusion he had possession for a fraction of a second, 99% of other refs would have ignored it and called the jump ball. we've seen them ignore timeouts before..and after this game...SU had the possession arrow. any other ref just ignores the TO and calls a jump ball.
4. tim higgins is a pos.. he WANTED to be the star of the clip. he ignores the tie up going on right at his feet and instead focuses on a guy who isnt even in the play. No way this was an accident or luck. He wanted the fame.

For me, it was when Boeheim severely berated BJ at press conference

1. I've never seen a timeout awarded so quickly. I mean it was instantaneous.
2. you cannot award a team a time out if they do not have complete possession of the ball. clearly Jackson never had full possession, second he catches the ball he's tied up.
3. EVEN if you come to the conclusion he had possession for a fraction of a second, 99% of other refs would have ignored it and called the jump ball. we've seen them ignore timeouts before..and after this game...SU had the possession arrow. any other ref just ignores the TO and calls a jump ball.
4. tim higgins is a pos.. he WANTED to be the star of the clip. he ignores the tie up going on right at his feet and instead focuses on a guy who isnt even in the play. No way this was an accident or luck. He wanted the fame.
To clarify for those who don’t know, because it doesn’t specify in the clip, Jackson didn’t call the time out. It was Moten.

And Moten had a similar brain fart the week before at the BE tournament, getting called for five seconds when we had a chance to win the game.

Back to the Arkansas game. I almost got kicked out of the dorms over this.

I'm so glad that I've either hit an age, or have been beaten down by them so often, that I don't get as upset at any loss as I was that night.

It was the end of Spring Break, we were still driving back for part of this game. After it, I was so depressed, just didn't want to go to class (even moreso than I normally didn't want to go to class).

I don't blame the refs one bit. The last thing said coming out of the time out was that we didn't have any time outs. Plus, the arrow was in our favor.
So you don’t blame the refs 1 bit for misapplication of the rules .

So you don’t blame the refs 1 bit for misapplication of the rules .
We called the time out. Period. I don't blame others for my mistakes. It's your opinion that Jackson didn't have the ball. Obviously the ref thought otherwise. We called time out when we didn't have one. Our fault. No one else's. You are right about one thing, that loss haunts me. To this day. Another call that haunts me, and we won, was the out of bounds call on Cooney against the Zags. Made by a ref at half court. We won but it still rankles me. I also disagree about Higgins motivation. I don't think he knew that we had zero timeouts. not that it would have mattered. We called a time out when we didn't have one.

Last edited:
We called the time out. Period. I don't blame others for my mistakes. It's your opinion that Jackson didn't have the ball. Obviously the ref thought otherwise. We called time out when we didn't have one. Our fault. No one else's. You are right about one thing, that loss haunts me. To this day. Another call that haunts me, and we won, was the out of bounds call on Cooney against the Zags. Made by a ref at half court. We won but it still rankles me. I also disagree about Higgins motivation. I don't think he knew that we had zero timeouts. not that it would have mattered. We called a time out when we didn't have one.
It’s not my opinion .. it’s in the video. He is falling to the ground with the ball and once he establishes control the Arkansas player has his hands on it as well. Higgins motivation is for sure 100% based on opinion and his history of making the glamour call. Not sure how you can be so sure based on his history that it wasn’t a factor

The thread name is things that bother me to this day
The thread is about this specific 1 thing that bothers me to this day which I then linked the video to. It wasn’t an open call for everyone to add in their own separate event that bothers them to this day .. but I guess it could be

The thread is about this specific 1 thing that bothers me to this day which I then linked the video to. It wasn’t an open call for everyone to add in their own separate event that bothers them to this day .. but I guess it could be
Apologize for violating your terms and conditions

And Arkansas went to the title game that year.
Where they lost to UCLA, who needed the Tyus Edney coast-to-coast play against Mizzou right after our game. Two gut punches in one day for me.

I'm so glad that I've either hit an age, or have been beaten down by them so often, that I don't get as upset at any loss as I was that night.

It’s the 2003 win, as least for me...I still get very very upset, no doubt, but before that it was the whole “I’m going to die before we win one” deal in my head.

Ya know, the one Bills fans still deal with

If we lose the Gonzaga game, stuff is getting broken and nasty letters and emails are being sent.

Now I’m mad thinking about it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom