Stolen from another thread ... | Syracusefan.com

Stolen from another thread ...

I don’t know the people, is the guy he talks to in Shirt World the actual guy everybody talks about as being the worst dude ever?

I can say in all my time on the hill as a student or at a game never patronized that place (shirt world).

I will openly say that I never had a problem with Dave. I used to enjoy talking with him about our kickers, and I think he did some training for them on the side. I was never cheated as some others seem to have been and when I once was looking for a hard to find item for my wife that nobody had, Dave took my number and tried to find it for me. Yeah, he hawks his wares like a carnival barker but he was always more than fair with me so I won't pile on.

I like Manny's too, of course. I must admit, however, that these days I find I do most of my buying at the bookstore in The Schein Center when I get back to campus. I just like their selection better.

Manny’s is where you go for the quality isht. ShirtWorld was always about low priced trinkets and corny tshirts for your office staff.
For those who read Barstool Sports, or the "Stoolies" as they call themselves, they always use the term "the poors" or "like a poor", or the "riches" to describe things. I have stolen this, and actually my family now even uses it (and doesn't even know it's from Barstool, or even what Barstool is). For example "You want me to sit in the upper tank, with the poors?" "Or I am not sitting in the third deck like a poor, I am sitting in the 100s like a rich."

Anyways, I have always said to people that Shirt World is for the poors, and Manny's is for the rich. For years. To see the person that came up with the term going to the place for the poors is so very ironic.

The fact is, all of our opinions and views are shaped and based upon ones own life experiences. That being said, my personal experiences with Dave both at his shop on the Hill and at the NYS Fair have always been really good and on the up an up.

Dave was very close friends with my uncle and we'd visit him whenever we took a drive up for a game. On pretty much every visit he'd always toss some extra gear in my bag and once made me a custom Etan Thomas jersey because he was my favorite player and they didn't exist. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world by any means but it was pretty friggin' awesome to have as a 12 year old when no one else in the Dome had one. Think the story was my uncle called in a favor with Bill Polian to get Dave a tryout with the Bills at some point so that's why he was always taking care of us.

Uncle passed away about 15 years ago and I'm now a Manny's guy as well.

I will openly say that I never had a problem with Dave. I used to enjoy talking with him about our kickers, and I think he did some training for them on the side. I was never cheated as some others seem to have been and when I once was looking for a hard to find item for my wife that nobody had, Dave took my number and tried to find it for me. Yeah, he hawks his wares like a carnival barker but he was always more than fair with me so I won't pile on.

I like Manny's too, of course. I must admit, however, that these days I find I do most of my buying at the bookstore in The Schein Center when I get back to campus. I just like their selection better.

Ditto on the bookstore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom