Strong staying? | Syracusefan.com

Strong staying?

Good for him.

It's good to be the king.

And it's hard to be a king in the SEC- See Auburn.

I hope he does stay. I hope in 20 years after the ACC has won again back to back to back national titles (Strong can win his second in the middle of Marrones 3rd and 4th :) ) the New Improved Pan-American Eastern Pacific Sports Conference starts picking off SEC teams.

I actually hope he stays_Would be nice to see a little loyalty in college sports, especially after UL gave him his shot when many passed.

looks like bidding war-- mr strong with a very rich man with tons of job security -- not sure how he turns down UT but i hope he does-- we need ACC strong

Sounds like it's going to be a duel and the honor of each state is now on the line. Gentlemen, draw your wallets.

looks like bidding war-- mr strong with a very rich man with tons of job security -- not sure how he turns down UT but i hope he does-- we need ACC strong

Lville has deep pockets and their ad is on record stating he will match any offer.

Teddy Bridgewater

correction both schools think he will b coach

BSSportsBigEast@CBSBigEast
Er, wait, @Drew_Deener saying that both UofL and UT believe he will be their coach. Sorry, misread his tweets.

This is where having Tom Jurich (sp?) as AD will help Louisville. He will get this deal done, and now he has the lure of the ACC to help keep Strong there. The only thing UT has going for it right now is that it's an SEC school. And Knoxville is pretty awesome. However, their athletic department is a basket case right now and has been since they let Fulmer go. I would be very wary of stepping into that job because the AD has an itchy trigger finger, and the fans are notoriously hard to please.

My prediction: Strong gets a good raise and a good contract to guide Louisville into the ACC.

This is where having Tom Jurich (sp?) as AD will help Louisville. He will get this deal done, and now he has the lure of the ACC to help keep Strong there. The only thing UT has going for it right now is that it's an SEC school. And Knoxville is pretty awesome. However, their athletic department is a basket case right now and has been since they let Fulmer go. I would be very wary of stepping into that job because the AD has an itchy trigger finger, and the fans are notoriously hard to please.

My prediction: Strong gets a good raise and a good contract to guide Louisville into the ACC.
I don't know if Knoxville is all that awesome. I think it's a very ugly city and it's traffic is pretty crappy given it's only a bit bigger than Syracuse. I don't know that the AD has an itchy trigger finger either. Dooley was not his hire, and he had to make the move because the fanbase was screaming for it. Neyland stadium was empty by the end of the year. I would say the fanbase is who has the itchy trigger finger and that may be even worse than the AD. I agree with your overall premise that UT doesn't necessarily have much going for it right now. Supposedly their facility upgrades are supposed to be pretty awesome. I think I heard $70 million worth.