Student Section | Syracusefan.com

Student Section

TrickySU

Walk On
Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I thought the student section was amazing tonight. The section filled up even in the upper level, there were many chants, loud almost the whole game, and 2 shot clock violations were caused. I can't wait until ACC play starts and Duke and North Carolina come into the Dome. It'll be a real eye opener for them.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I thought the student section was amazing tonight. The section filled up even in the upper level, there were many chants, loud almost the whole game, and 2 shot clock violations were caused. I can't wait until ACC play starts and Duke and North Carolina come into the Dome. It'll be a real eye opener for them.
Ha, was just telling my mom (who was with me in 309) how awesome the "Hoosiers' Daddy" chant was.

The upper portion of the student section was pretty far from full - maybe a quarter full at tip and moving upward as the game progressed. Half of it was so empty that the ushers allowed people with reserved seats in 301 to move one section west and fill it in midway through the first half.

Students were great. They'll get better. I have to say that with all the fouls called, momentum was constantly thwarted.

This was one of my first games in awhile (I've been sacrificing pretty much everything to get my academics together this semester, but I wasn't about to miss this game), but a couple thoughts from a current student:

1. I can't speak for the other games, but I know a lot of people missed tonight because it's the final week of classes/finals week in some classes (I personally have one presentation to give along with two exams tomorrow, and I'm probably going to be up all night since I decided to go to the game tonight).

2. As beadle said, it was tough to stay loud the whole time with all of the stoppages in play.

This was one of my first games in awhile (I've been sacrificing pretty much everything to get my academics together this semester, but I wasn't about to miss this game), but a couple thoughts from a current student:

1. I can't speak for the other games, but I know a lot of people missed tonight because it's the final week of classes/finals week in some classes (I personally have one presentation to give along with two exams tomorrow, and I'm probably going to be up all night since I decided to go to the game tonight).

2. As beadle said, it was tough to stay loud the whole time with all of the stoppages in play.

And the fact that Boeheim went into the stall with about 8:00 to go.

Taking the air out of the ball took the air out of the building, too. Hard to blame any fans for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom