stupid question: what is child policy at dome? | Syracusefan.com

stupid question: what is child policy at dome?

buy the cheapest stub hub ticket and then dont worry about it..

its funny though we have all the talk about more space for seating and then all the time people talk about sliding extra people into the seats with them..

Nope, easy to bring a little kid in. I think the policy is that children ~2 years old can sit on laps and don't need tickets. We brought our 2-year-old to Holy Cross with no problem (well, he tried to dash through security and into the revolving door while we were being scanned, but that was only a minor problem).

Under 2 is free
We've brought ours to a few times and she had a great time and didn't even take up someone else's seat
She does enjoy climbing the steps though lol

whoa... under 2 or 2 and under. this thread is actually about a 2 yr old.

It is SUPPOSED to now be 12 months or younger is free, everyone else needs a ticket.

Do the ticket takers/scanners REALLY notice if there's a 2 year old getting in? I doubt it. Or they just don't care to be honest.

IF they were to be sticklers on this, turn around, buy the absolute cheapest ticket on stub hub, and proceed in.

yup.. i always had a ticket for a kid, stubhub makes it so simple now $10 and they are in

Nope, easy to bring a little kid in. I think the policy is that children ~2 years old can sit on laps and don't need tickets. We brought our 2-year-old to Holy Cross with no problem (well, he tried to dash through security and into the revolving door while we were being scanned, but that was only a minor problem).
Well of course it was a "minor" problem. ;)

i cant find ANYTHING about child/baby policy at dome. does a 2 year old need a ticket and a personal seat?

College Football Child Ticket Policies | TicketCity Insider syracuse not included in this for some reason. I've literally spent 15 min investigating this online. Crazy that its not super easy access.
According to Dome policy dated 10/26/2018, children over the age of 1 (not 2) must have a ticket.

1571249335914.png

It is SUPPOSED to now be 12 months or younger is free, everyone else needs a ticket.

Do the ticket takers/scanners REALLY notice if there's a 2 year old getting in? I doubt it. Or they just don't care to be honest.

IF they were to be sticklers on this, turn around, buy the absolute cheapest ticket on stub hub, and proceed in.

Wow. That's a strange policy. I don't want to call it ridiculous but...it's not not ridiculous. I would think SU would be doing everything in its power to cultivate young fans. Potentially charging admission to an 18-month old won't accomplish that.

I'm remembering their "best practices" line when they began requiring ladies to bring in those clear plastic bags last season - everyone else requires it, so we're going to require it as well. If that's their rationale, maybe they should be reminded that the Mets and Yankees grant free admission to kids 3 and under (if they're 32" tall or under). "SU: More Stingy Than The Big-City MLB Teams" does have a nice ring to it.

In my experience, ticket-takers are very cool about this in practice, but I would have been pissed if this came up at the gate before I saw your post about this policy. Not very fan-friendly from a policy perspective.

I love my kids to death but I would rather take a full contact hit from Alton Robinson than bring my 2 year old daughter to an SU sporting event. If I looked away from her for 5 seconds she would be probably streaking across the field.

To the thread title:
If you bring them, you take them.

(Says the guy who's kids are grown)

I have been bringing my daughter since was about 5 months old and I always had a season ticket for her cause i want her to count towards the attendance number.

Go Cuse!!!

Yes, the booth where our offensive coordinator sits.

I'M KIDDING

But no seriously, the booth where our offensive coordinator sits.

Definitely the booth where North Carolina State's offensive coordinator (or is the the receivers coach nowadays?) sits.

Just out of curiosity, why are all the hotels in Syracuse booked this weekend? Can’t possibly be for this game. Anyone?

Just out of curiosity, why are all the hotels in Syracuse booked this weekend? Can’t possibly be for this game. Anyone?

I think it's Parents Weekend. That's usually a top-ten local event in terms of booking up every reasonable hotel room.

Leaf raking and peeper convention... all of the newly engineered rakes will be on display!