Women's Lacrosse - SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change] | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change]

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Due to concerns about the weather forecast from the University of Maryland Athletics Department, the women's lacrosse game between 4th-ranked Syracuse and 9th-ranked Maryland will be played at the University of Maryland on Saturday, February 29th at the University of Maryland Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex at Noon.

Last edited:
That’s a crock. They don’t want to travel here because of the weather but we still have to travel in the same bad weather they don’t want to. What am I missing?

Wow what horse schitt. Why would Gait or Wildhack agree to this? Maybe I could understand postponing it but to change it to a home game for the terps is appalling

Maryland should forfeit

I feel bad for the seniors cuz their last home game in the dome is gone. Just wrong. Hopefully they put a beat down on those b****es

Last edited:
Wow what horse schitt. Why would Gait or Wildhack agree to this? Maybe I could understand postponing it but to change it to a home game for the terps is appalling

Maryland should forfeit

I feel bad for the seniors cuz their last home game in the dome is gone. Just wrong. Hopefully they put a beat down on those b****es

I agree.

There has to be something here that doesn’t meet the eye as yet.

I agree.

There has to be something here that doesn’t meet the eye as yet.

Yes, something seems amiss here.

The onus is on MD to travel to SU. Since they have chosen not to because their Department of Transportation deemed unsafe to travel--typical DC area overreaction when it comes to snow--they should forfeit the game and SU should have a scrimmage to honor the seniors and alumni.

Yes, something seems amiss here.

The onus is on MD to travel to SU. Since they have chosen not to because their Department of Transportation deemed unsafe to travel--typical DC area overreaction when it comes to snow--they should forfeit the game and SU should have a scrimmage to honor the seniors and alumni.
I agree. The airport is open, it isn't even snowing in Syracuse. It is a windy winter day.

UNC is coming this weekend with no problem. BC is coming this weekend with no problem.

Unbelievable.

Very disappointed Syracuse agreed to this. If we got 2 feet of snow and the airport was closed, I would understand. This is unacceptable.

I agree. The airport is open, it isn't even snowing in Syracuse. It is a windy winter day.

UNC is coming this weekend with no problem. BC is coming this weekend with no problem.

Unbelievable.

Very disappointed Syracuse agreed to this. If we got 2 feet of snow and the airport was closed, I would understand. This is unacceptable.

Agree. I was stunned to see this when there was not even a hint that any other game was going to be affected this weekend. They better be having a "make good" home game in the Dome next year at the very least. Now I really want to kick their butt on Saturday.

Unbelievable.

Is this a ruse? Is theoretically something related to the Dome that needs to be done by March 2nd, and they need the extra time? And this was all plotted by Syracuse?

Conspiracy theory.

Unless there is something below the surface here, totally bad move by the Athletic Dept. They should have held MD's feet to the fire - show up, reschedule, or forfeit. I know the Dome wouldn't be available.

They had better at least negotiated 2 games in a row in Syracuse.

Unless there is something below the surface here, totally bad move by the Athletic Dept. They should have held MD's feet to the fire - show up, reschedule, or forfeit. I know the Dome wouldn't be available.

They had better at least negotiated 2 games in a row in Syracuse.

Agree. Seems like they could have it at CNS Stadium like the men have a couple games. Sorry Maryland this is the northeast. We still function when it snows.

Get a load of this nonsense. MD women's team (on a two game losing streak) says last minute they cannot travel due to completely non existent weather concerns on what was to be the senior day for the women's team. Literally zero weather predicted from MD to Cuse and not even an inch of snow in the city. Now our team has to go down play there the next day. While I kind of like the slap in the face of the team making the drive down that MD is so scared to make and not letting them get out of playing, that is about where the positives end. Alumni weekend ruined, the seniors have now suddenly already played their last game in the Dome, home advantage taken away, all over what is clearly a complete BS excuse. Hope they win by 30.

Get a load of this nonsense. MD women's team (on a two game losing streak) says last minute they cannot travel due to completely non existent weather concerns on what was to be the senior day for the women's team. Literally zero weather predicted from MD to Cuse and not even an inch of snow in the city. Now our team has to go down play there the next day. While I kind of like the slap in the face of the team making the drive down that MD is so scared to make and not letting them get out of playing, that is about where the positives end. Alumni weekend ruined, the seniors have now suddenly already played their last game in the Dome, home advantage taken away, all over what is clearly a complete BS excuse. Hope they win by 30.

Whoops my mistake didn't see where this was being discussed! Carry on

Just another ploy/scare tactic from Cathy Reese to try and rattle the girls before they play. She is no different than Kelly Amonte Hiller with her stick checks, stall tactics, etc.

Hope the girls go down there and really give ‘em hell for making the seniors miss their last chance to play in the Dome. I feel bad for them— but that can all be made up with a convincing win on the road this weekend. That’s all that matters in the end though IMO.

The only way we are going to come away with a win is if they dont lose focus, don’t take their foot off the gas petal and don’t go 8-20 minutes without a goal. They have to stay mentally tough for the full 60 mins. We’ve got this. Let’s go ‘Cuse!!!

Last edited:
Looking at weather.com 2-5 inches overnight. Might be an inch on the ground when they were leaving. Unbelievable!

This is embarrassing for Syracuse and a major FU to the student athletes, who are now forced to give up their Senior Day in front of friends and family. If MD decides they can't travel (what a terrible excuse based on the timing/forecast), then they should either forfeit or ask to move the game up or back. I've never seen anything like this. If the Dome's roof collapsed, that's one thing, but for a possible few inches of snow by game time, this is what SU agrees to?

I simply cannot believe the AD agreed to this. It's a horrible look.

So where will I be able to watch this game then? I hope it’s not that jankity BTN..