SU #2 seed | Syracusefan.com

SU #2 seed

orangejunkie

Starter
With Duke winning tonight, SU guaranteed the #2 seed in the upcoming ACC tournament. Before the season started, most fans would probably have been thrilled with that result. Still winning tomorrow would be a huge boost heading into the ACC tournament and maybe have national implications for NCAA seeding.

I think we match up better with UNC; but assuming we both make it to Saturday, beating Duke 2 times this year would go a long way to staying in the East over them.

With Duke winning tonight, SU guaranteed the #2 seed in the upcoming ACC tournament. Before the season started, most fans would probably have been thrilled with that result. Still winning tomorrow would be a huge boost heading into the ACC tournament and maybe have national implications for NCAA seeding.

I don't believe that is correct---I think we need to win against FSU. Since we split head-to-head, to break the 13-5 regular season tie-breaker (if we do lose tomorrow), Duke beat the top-team UVA and we did not.

Edit: My bad--completely forgot that UNC would still be a part of the tie-breaker despite losing tonight, making it a 3-way tie-breaker---amazing when you consider we were up 4 games on them in the standings at one point 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Looks like SU will play Friday at 7 pm against:
If beat FSU will play NC St if they beat BC Sunday and then the Miami/VT winner
If lose to FSU will play FSU if they beat the Miami/VT winner

That can't be correct---I think we need to win against FSU. Since we split head-to-head, to break the 13-5 regular season tie-breaker with Duke (if we do lose tomorrow), Duke beat the top team Virginia and we did not.

I'm guessing, but the tie-break may be aggregate record amongst the 3 teams

SU: 2-1
Duke: 2-2
UNC: 1-2

After we win that tie break, Duke wins the tiebreak vs. UNC by virtue of UVA win.

Again, just guessing. After all, the AAC used a coin flip apparently.

I don't believe that is correct---I think we need to win against FSU. Since we split head-to-head, to break the 13-5 regular season tie-breaker with Duke (if we do lose tomorrow), Duke beat the top team Virginia and we did not.
SU is locked as the #2 seed regardless of outcome vs FSU tomorrow. SU owns the tie break in the 3 way tie with Duke/UNC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom