SU #25 in final coaches poll | Syracusefan.com

SU #25 in final coaches poll

For all the criticism on this board of the program, and a lot of it warranted, this is a indication of a program headed in the right direction. Last year we would have missed the tournament and then we lost our best player. Ending up in the top 25 is a significant accomplishment. Being able to say you are a top 25 program helps with recruiting. Is it what a lot of us are used to and expect? Not yet. But again it beats last year.

Didn't think we would be here after the Georgia Tech game or at halftime of the Notre Dame game.

Excellent! But we def shoulda finished ahead of West Virginia and maybe even Oregon State.

For all the criticism on this board of the program, and a lot of it warranted, this is a indication of a program headed in the right direction. Last year we would have missed the tournament and then we lost our best player. Ending up in the top 25 is a significant accomplishment. Being able to say you are a top 25 program helps with recruiting. Is it what a lot of us are used to and expect? Not yet. But again it beats last year.

Didn't think we would be here after the Georgia Tech game or at halftime of the Notre Dame game.
Ranked 16 in the way too early preseason ranking on USA Today.

16. Syracuse (18-10). Buddy Boeheim (17.8 ppg) went on a three-point shooting tear at the end of 2020-21 to guide the Orange off the NCAA Tournament bubble and into the Sweet 16. The sharp-shooting guard will be back, with his supporting cast of Quincy Guerrier, Alan Griffin and Joseph Girard III. Five-star Benny Williams will be extra ammunition.

I'm glad to see this which was totally unexpected about six weeks ago. Well done team.

The ESPN early poll is nice, but tor me it would mean a lot more if we were in the top 25 at the start of next season.

I'm glad to see this which was totally unexpected about six weeks ago. Well done team.

The ESPN early poll is nice, but tor me it would mean a lot more if we were in the top 25 at the start of next season.
January. I want a ranking in conference (or preseason wire to wire).

Half the teams don't even have a set roster yet.

January. I want a ranking in conference (or preseason wire to wire).

Half the teams don't even have a set roster yet.
More like 90% of teams don’t know their roster yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom