SU #25 in final coaches poll | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU #25 in final coaches poll

Other fans are keeping you from setting your own expectations?
People don’t like the criticism.
I don’t have an agenda.
I want Syracuse basketball to be what it was.
When we are building flawed rosters and are mediocre as a result a significant portion don’t want to hear it even if it happens consistently.

I have said I will shut down the expectations when those people understand we aren’t what we were.

I don’t have an agenda.
When we are building flawed rosters and are mediocre as a result a significant portion don’t want to hear it even if it happens consistently.

I have said I will shut down the expectations when those people understand we aren’t what we were.

Are you referring to all fans or just fans on this board? Because this board is just a very small percentage of the fanbase.

I don’t have an agenda.

ok. We aren’t what we were during the D. Coleman years.

you can now set your own expectations.

People were thumbing their nose KR chose Seton Hall.
That ignores the fact recently they have been solid.
He didn’t chose DePaul.
Thus the food fight.

I said I will adjust my expectations when the fanbase accepts the criticism is holding the program to the old standards.
The
Are you referring to all fans or just fans on this board? Because this board is just a very small percentage of the fanbase.
This board when I talk to my alum friends and our text chains they don’t give a crap if what is said.

This board I would say are the passionate fans.

ok. We aren’t what we were during the D. Coleman years.

you can now set your own expectations.
Dejuan Coleman’s teams
Were a 4 seed his freshman year and made a Final Four
Were a 3 seed his sophomore year and made the second round.
Were ineligible for the tournament his Junior year.
Were a 10 seed his Senior year and made the Final Four.

The program was good in the regular and postseason while he was on the Hill.

Don’t get your point. Those teams completely outperformed expectations.

That is a super fair point.
End of season rankings are tough. You can’t eliminate the entire season, and you need to balance the extra wins the tournament teams may have gotten over other tournament teams.

Dejuan Coleman’s teams
Were a 4 seed his freshman year and made a Final Four
Were a 3 seed his sophomore year and made the second round.
Were ineligible for the tournament his Junior year.
Were a 10 seed his Senior year and made the Final Four.

The program was good in the regular and postseason while he was on the Hill.

Don’t get your point.

derrick Coleman

derrick Coleman
I saw D. Coleman and figured it was Dejuan.
I don’t think the fanbase should expect to be a Nc contender every season.
That is pretty obvious.

Syracuse never had a 7 year stretch where they weren’t top 4 in the Big East or not ranked in the regular season during conference play from January till the tournament.

If you think double digit postseason runs are going to be consistent okay. I treat them like free money I wasn’t expecting.

You aren’t dumb and you know exactly what I am saying. If you don’t then it’s not worth explaining when I talk about program expectations.
If they aren’t the same anymore that is fine. I will recalibrate.

This year's ranking has a little more clout than two games. That ranking goes with finishing the season with wins over Clemson, UNC a buzzer beater loss to UVA and then the tourney wins.

We arguably would have been already top 25 had we not tanked vs Duke and GT. Those two games plus Clemson and UNC and we are likely ranked going into the ACCT.

The What losses to Pitt also played a big role. In fairness so did the survival vs Bryant and UB.

This year's ranking has a little more clout than two games. That ranking goes with finishing the season with wins over Clemson, UNC a buzzer beater loss to UVA and then the tourney wins.

We arguably would have been already top 25 had we not tanked vs Duke and GT. Those two games plus Clemson and UNC and we are likely ranked going into the ACCT.

The What losses to Pitt also played a big role. In fairness so did the survival vs Bryant and UB.
Would have beat Gtech too if Sid wasn't injured.

True, but we do have at least 95% of the greatest basketball minds on the planet.

What we lack in quantity, we make up for in quality. :confused:

I never said you were part of that 95%...
Am I? Also off topic but man Inter Milan is running away with the title.

You think Juventus may make a run at Haaland for next year.

Am I? Also off topic but man Inter Milan is running away with the title.

You think Juventus may make a run at Haaland for next year.
Trust me, you don't want to be. Put it this way, my "95%" does not include Tomcat, General, SWC etc...

My Mount Rushmore of posters are individuals that, every day, I am stunned that they don't somehow wander into oncoming traffic on the highway.

But maybe poster ranking becomes a thing? Top 25? Bottom 10?

Haaland is being linked with Juve, no question. No idea if they can afford 150MM.

I have a really good friend over in Italy who is a huge Inter fan. Happy for him as Inter always seems to play third fiddle to Milan and Juve.

You pulled a fast one on me. I won't forget this. Even though you think I will. Or can't tie my shoes.
If it makes you feel any better, I invited myself for not recognizing how much Dungey was able to compensate for OL weaknesses and thinking that plugging in Devito for Dungey simply meant getting a QB with a much better arm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom