SU 4th in AP and Coaches poll ... KY still ranked in coaches poll | Syracusefan.com

SU 4th in AP and Coaches poll ... KY still ranked in coaches poll

dinno28

Scout Team
amazing how Kentucky can have 3 losses this early and still be ranked in the top 20 by fellow coaches...

Well Ron Morris has us up to 10. That's what I go off of.

San Diego State is up to 15. That win continues to look better and better

San Diego State is up to 15. That win continues to look better and better

I think the question on that win will be if anyone at the end of the year remembers the conditions it was played in, and what kind of credit SU gets for it. I'm thinking they will remember it was outside and it affected shooting, but let's hope they forget.

Yea if it was inside then Dirty would have scored 30.

UK rated 19 and 26 in the 2 polls. The lower, the better. Keep falling ...
Splat!

UK rated 19 and 26 in the 2 polls. The lower, the better. Keep falling ...
Splat!
Usually they aren't that far apart. Keep sliding UK, no one wants you to do well.

amazing how Kentucky can have 3 losses this early and still be ranked in the top 20 by fellow coaches...

To be fair, the polls traditionally haven't been intended as a "how'd you do this past week?" listing based on wins and losses. That's the important distinction between polls and standings; makes college sports unique.

There was a time when an 0-1 Syracuse team remained #1 for another week after picking up that first loss. The practice of moving teams primarily based on won-loss records is a very new one.

Wouldn't shock me for Kentucky to lose ten times this year, but it also wouldn't be surprising if they sit on 3 or 4 losses for the next two months. The SEC's weak and Louisville won't have Dieng back in time for their game. Ugly record aside, I'm sure a number of writers and coaches could make the argument that Kentucky is one of the 20 best teams out there.

Hope they're not, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom