SU 57 vs Notre Dame 68 2016 ACC Championship Game 3/6 12:30 [ESPN] | Syracusefan.com

SU 57 vs Notre Dame 68 2016 ACC Championship Game 3/6 12:30 [ESPN]

Is it time yet? How am I suppose to sleep tonight. Especially here as game time is 10:30. Get up eat breakfast, watch game...But need to sleep first.

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/ac...cle_fe4b6bc1-edd0-53fd-8e6c-42fdee0c413d.html

Posted: Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:52 pm

Syracuse defeats Louisville 80-75 in ACC women's semifinals By Steve Huffman Special to the News & Record greensboro.com

GREENSBORO — The fan base behind the Syracuse bench at the ACC women’s tournament has a definite North Carolina flavor.

Two of the Orange’s top players – 6-foot-4 twin sisters Briana and Bria Day – are graduates of Millbrook High School in Raleigh.

The contingent of Syracuse fans, most wearing gaudy orange and screaming at the tops of their lungs, include the sisters’ aunts, uncles and cousins.

Oh, and mother.

“I’m so proud of those girls I can hardly stand it,” Katherine Johnson said shortly after No. 3 Syracuse beat No. 2 Louisville 80-75 to advance to Sunday's championship game.

Johnson’s daughters played important roles in the victory. Briana had 11 points and five rebounds before fouling out with 3:23 remaining.

Not to worry, Bria stepped in and was on the floor as Syracuse advanced to its first ACC championship game, against Notre Dame. She finished with six rebounds and three points.

“I’m going to pray,” Johnson said when asked if she thought Syracuse has a chance to pull a second consecutive upset.

“That team, they’re going to have a lot of prayers coming their way.”

Johnson said that in high school, her daughters were planning to attend UNC to play basketball there. Those plans fell through – the less said about that, the better, Johnson said – and the girls began looking for another college home.

They visited Syracuse, where they quickly fell in love with the campus and school.

“Everything is wonderful except the snow,” Johnson said, laughing as she spoke. “It’s been a wonderful experience.”

Brianna and Bria are juniors. Their mother has also moved to Syracuse to live near her daughters while they’re in college.

Brianna agreed with her mother that Syracuse is a wonderful community and school and said the weather really isn’t even that bad.

“There’s really not that much snow,” she said.

Brianna said playing in front of such a large contingent of friends and family motivates her and her sister to play their best.

“It means a lot that they’re here, it really does,” she said.

Chat room open if anyone wants to come in

mirror image of the mens team except for the press and a little deeper bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom