SU 64, Ga Tech 82: Thurs Jan 16, 7:30 PM (ACCNX) | Syracusefan.com

SU 64, Ga Tech 82: Thurs Jan 16, 7:30 PM (ACCNX)

4D60643C-288F-4CAD-9E5F-4FC2A9608321.jpeg

This is going to be me by the end of the season. No way is this team getting into the NCAA tournament. It would take an absolute miracle imo. Tonight it looked like they were lifeless bodies moving around the court; no passion or grit whatsoever. I’m honestly just speechless.

Last edited:
This is going to be me by the end of the season. No way is this team getting into the NCAA tournament. It would take an absolute miracle imo. Tonight it looked like they were lifeless bodies moving around the court; no passion or grit whatsoever. I’m honestly just speechless.

I'm not a fan of the program per se, but i follow them casually because, you know, Syracuse ...

Two basic observations:

They seem to be underperforming their level of talent by a great deal.

They do not seem to be well-conditioned.

However, I'd imagine with the incoming recruiting class and Mangakahia returning, they should take a pretty significant step forward next year.

I'm not a fan of the program per se, but i follow them casually because, you know, Syracuse ...

Two basic observations:

They seem to be underperforming their level of talent by a great deal.

They do not seem to be well-conditioned.

However, I'd imagine with the incoming recruiting class and Mangakahia returning, they should take a pretty significant step forward next year.
Yeah that’s been mentioned quite a few times by me and a few other posters lol. I’ve been watching since 2015 and Q’s teams have always been fun to watch—but this year is just unreal.

I was expecting them to take a bit of a step backwards after losing two coaches, Mangakahia sitting out this season, and a bunch of players transferring out but nothing to the extent it is right now.

I’ve been trying to pinpoint where we keep going wrong.. but I think it’s a multitude of things:

1) Coaches not coaching to the best of their ability.

2) Q being stubborn and continuing to run the press when clearly this team doesn’t have what it takes to press for 40 minutes. It’s doing nothing but hurting the team because they are a) not athletic enough or b) (sorry if this comes off rude) not in shape.

3) Players not playing in their proper position aka KiKi. Q can try and convince me she’s a true point guard till he’s blue in the face and I’ll never believe it lol. She is a 2 guard trying to play the 1 and its not working, period. Yes, she can make shots and is easily our best player this year but basketball is a team sport. She needs to do a better job at getting her teammates involved in the scoring as well.

4) Gabby— where do I start with her? She has become completely nonexistent this year besides the few games this year where she scored in double figures. I suspect that Gabby has high hopes of getting into the league when she’s done here at Syracuse.. especially with the recent news coming out about the WNBA and the amount of money they will be making + benefits. Does she really think the WNBA is going to come calling with the way she’s been playing this year? I don’t think so!!! She needs to step up her game and start LEADING THIS TEAM/shooting/making 3’s in order to turn this thing around.

5) Bad recruiting class and the transfers are awful! Apart from Teisha, I don’t really know what Q was thinking.

I’m practically checked out for this season. Unless a miracle happens and they somehow start playing with some fire and get into the tournament. I’m ready to say good luck and bon voyage to this season, the transfers and get ready to watch Tiana, Kamilla and Priscilla tear it up next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom