SU 66, Washington 62: Fri Nov 27, 9:45 PM [South Point Shootout, Las Vegas] | Syracusefan.com

SU 66, Washington 62: Fri Nov 27, 9:45 PM [South Point Shootout, Las Vegas]

RAx-4qew_normal.jpeg
SU Women's Hoops @CuseWBB
2:45 to tip @ the #SouthPointShootout.

Reposting this here...See I didn't even know there were several women's basketball sections within the Olympic sports... here is what I just posted in the wrong place:

Ok it is time to give the girls a section of their own, not make them a part of the "Olympic sports" Mods??? What do you say? They are #23 in the country and almost beat Tennessee the other night. When they go to the final four, are we really going to have to search for them amongst all of the "other" sports? And I will qualify this by saying it has been quite a week for those "other" sports, not to downplay them. But lets elevate the women's team to the big time, please!!!

So the women's game was really nice to attend tonight. Quite a number of players had family that travelled to the game, and to spend the holidays with their daughters. I met some really great people. I can see why these girls are such great representatives of Syracuse University. First half we made a huge run and took a nice lead into half time. Unfortunately a different UW team emerged from the locker room to begin the 2nd half, and they went on a run that made it a game again. It got pretty intense as they closed the gap to 2 a couple of times down the stretch, but somehow we managed to keep in front, and UW never led the whole game. Definitely a tale of two different halves. We missed a ton of shots in the 2nd half, were rushing a lot of 3s, which were dropping like crazy in the 1st half. The refs seemed to be blind on one half of the court. Our players were totally getting man handled in the 2nd half, and then we would get called for a ticky tacky touch foul on the other end. Sat with Coach Q's 5 year old son and Von Read's 3 year old son. Adorable with a capital A!!!! Attached is a game photo taken by Q's son Yes that is Floyd's head. He is now on a red eye to get back for the football game AND to interview our coaching candidates this weekend. He expect a quick announcement on this. Expect one of the guys that Coyle already has a relationship with...That was my take. One more game tomorrow. A trip that was worth taking...Maybe not the Bahamas, but a very close second!!
Coach Q son game picture.JPG

So the women's game was really nice to attend tonight. Quite a number of players had family that travelled to the game, and to spend the holidays with their daughters. I met some really great people. I can see why these girls are such great representatives of Syracuse University. First half we made a huge run and took a nice lead into half time. Unfortunately a different UW team emerged from the locker room to begin the 2nd half, and they went on a run that made it a game again. It got pretty intense as they closed the gap to 2 a couple of times down the stretch, but somehow we managed to keep in front, and UW never led the whole game. Definitely a tale of two different halves. We missed a ton of shots in the 2nd half, were rushing a lot of 3s, which were dropping like crazy in the 1st half. The refs seemed to be blind on one half of the court. Our players were totally getting man handled in the 2nd half, and then we would get called for a ticky tacky touch foul on the other end. Sat with Coach Q's 5 year old son and Von Read's 3 year old son. Adorable with a capital A!!!! Attached is a game photo taken by Q's son Yes that is Floyd's head. He is now on a red eye to get back for the football game AND to interview our coaching candidates this weekend. He expect a quick announcement on this. Expect one of the guys that Coyle already has a relationship with...That was my take. One more game tomorrow. A trip that was worth taking...Maybe not the Bahamas, but a very close second!!View attachment 53981
Good stuff.

And interesting Floyd tidbit. You should put that on the football board if you haven't already.

Reposting this here...See I didn't even know there were several women's basketball sections within the Olympic sports... here is what I just posted in the wrong place:

Ok it is time to give the girls a section of their own, not make them a part of the "Olympic sports" Mods??? What do you say? They are #23 in the country and almost beat Tennessee the other night. When they go to the final four, are we really going to have to search for them amongst all of the "other" sports? And I will qualify this by saying it has been quite a week for those "other" sports, not to downplay them. But lets elevate the women's team to the big time, please!!!

If you click on the blue thread prefix that says "Women's Basketball" the board will display only the women's basketball posts.

That way, everyone already has their own separate board. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom