SU 83 vs FSU 73: Thurs 2/18 7:00 [ESPN3] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 83 vs FSU 73: Thurs 2/18 7:00 [ESPN3]

Went to the game. Great game. SU led throughout. FSU has a very good half court offense with excellent interior passing but couldn't shoot from outside 5 feet. I don't think they had one three pointer all night. We were great in transition, with turning them over with our pressure defense and had a good night from 3 (great in the 1st half). The girls should show the guys how to shoot free throws - they were very good from the foul line.(79%) OK crowd for senior night but should have been so much better. Horrible night for SU students - there were exactly 4 students there. No cheerleaders but the dance team was there. Saw Adrian Autry and the Syracuse Police Chief , Frank Fowler who is a fixture at the women's games.

Butler was hot the 1st half, Peterson was so steady handling the pressure that FSU threw at us and was happy to see Sykes have a good game. She was a force last in the 2nd half. FSU lost their leading scorer for a while after a fall on a layup attempt. Great win over a top 20 team, one we needed to establish credibility beating one of the top ACC teams. We handed FSU only their 2nd loss in conference play and we are now 4th in the standings. GO SU!

Went to the game. Great game. SU led throughout. FSU has a very good half court offense with excellent interior passing but couldn't shoot from outside 5 feet. I don't think they had one three pointer all night. We were great in transition, with turning them over with our pressure defense and had a good night from 3 (great in the 1st half). The girls should show the guys how to shoot free throws - they were very good from the foul line.(79%) OK crowd for senior night but should have been so much better. Horrible night for SU students - there were exactly 4 students there. No cheerleaders but the dance team was there. Saw Adrian Autry and the Syracuse Police Chief , Frank Fowler who is a fixture at the women's games.

Butler was hot the 1st half, Peterson was so steady handling the pressure that FSU threw at us and was happy to see Sykes have a good game. She was a force last in the 2nd half. FSU lost their leading scorer for a while after a fall on a layup attempt. Great win over a top 20 team, one we needed to establish credibility beating one of the top ACC teams. We handed FSU only their 2nd loss in conference play and we are now 4th in the standings. GO SU!

I watched on tv. They look really good! You can argue about some of Q's game to game strategy decisions I guess, but that guy has done an excellent job making the women a relevant program annually. After his first year struggles, the guy's worst year is 17-15. Before that, I think we only had that one really good year under Marianna Freeman for a long time.

I was just doing a little creeping on the internet and saw this article.

At the time I didn't realize his daughter was a walk-on. I just used to see him every game I went to. He'd sit all alone watching the game across the aisle from us at mid court. Interesting. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom