SU and Rutgers Battling for Florida Bowl Slot | Syracusefan.com

SU and Rutgers Battling for Florida Bowl Slot

OrangePA

Living Legend
According to a decent source the two athletic directors are seeking a place in a Florida bowl game.

According to a decent source the two athletic directors are seeking a place in a Florida bowl game.

Russell. ACC is pushing for us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm...everything I have read or seen has Rutgers playing VT in the Russell. How "decent" is your source?

OrangePA has very good sources in the AD.

Hmmm...everything I have read or seen has Rutgers playing VT in the Russell. How "decent" is your source?
I've always found OrangePA's info pretty good.

Rutgers has looked awful the last few weeks. Even though our record isnt as sexy, we are clearly a more entertaining product. Better team at this point too

and BiG pushing the Girlies.

B10 has no relationship with the Russell.

Maybe Beef is our next choice after the top 3?

Was thinking that too as a possibility. Kids really want Florida. If no Russell would they want Beefaroni?

I've always found OrangePA's info pretty good.

Not questioning OPA in the least. Just pointing out that most assume it is a done deal for Rutgers to Russell (as do I). I would also suspect that the SU AD dept is pushing hard to get in. That only makes sense.

Not questioning OPA in the least. Just pointing out that most assume it is a done deal for Rutgers to Russell (as do I). I would also suspect that the SU AD dept is pushing hard to get in. That only makes sense.
Oh I thought no such thing, I was just passing along my 2 cents. I understand where you are coming from 100%

Reactions: 007

OrangePA's opinions sometimes suck :D , but he has great sources.

Was thinking that too as a possibility. Kids really want Florida. If no Russell would they want Beefaroni?

I would rather see them play in Beef than Compass.

I would rather see them play in Beef than Compass.

Me too personally.

I was just starting to warm up to the idea of playing in the Pinstripe Bowl again. Just because a Baylor vs Syracuse matchup would be very interesting.

But this would still make me happy.

Me too personally.

I agree that Jan 5 is terrible. It's too late and anyone that still cares about college football only cares about the title game. It's an NFL playoff day and even if there's no TV conflict, it's still how most are planning their day.

Having said that, I don't think of playing a CUSA team as a reward. Can't imagine juggling my schedule for it. It's not even an outdoor game right? Hate that bowl more than any other. Go to Tampa in March, much better then.

OrangePA's opinions sometimes suck :D , but he has great sources.

I take it you still haven't been convinced BJ Daniels is the best QB in the world?

I don't care what bowl we're in...I just want to see them play a power conference team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom