SU Basketball announces “Storied” [Episodes 1-5 Available] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU Basketball announces “Storied” [Episodes 1-5 Available]

I don't think anybody talked about favoritism regarding Buddy last year.
He was an All ACC caliber player and lit the country on fire the last month of the season.
Before Buddy got hot in March there was plenty of beef going around on this board about his minutes. I even think JB was asked about it in pressers and he said he has to stay on the floor because he can get hot at anytime.

Great 2nd episode! I know we all have some gripes over how some stuff is done (or how appears to be done to us casuals) but I don't know how you can watch that episode and not love our program and the loyalty/family atmosphere of it. Just incredible what JB has done over such a long period of time. Can't wait for the season!

Got about one minute into the second episode and then it stalled. It is now not shown on the cuse.com website. Will try again later in the day. :(

Got about one minute into the second episode and then it stalled. It is now not shown on the cuse.com website. Will try again later in the day. :(

Did you try watching it on YouTube? I couldn't get it to work on cuse.com either.

Okay...sort of...but with Jimmy coming on board this year--after all the hubbub about him playing favorites with Buddy the last 2 years--it seems kind of an appropriate time for JAB to say for himself how he sees the issue...you know?
Not sure how Boeheim Inc could hope that maybe no one will notice the issue if they just remain mute on the topic...

I really don't recall anyone talking about JB playing favorites with Buddy last year or most of the previous year. The real questions were during his FR year.

It seemed to me that most people had come around to Buddy having really earned his PT by the middle of his SO year at the latest. I know people were upset with his slow start last year but the majority of fans were aware of what he was/is capable of, and of course he was just amazing for the second half of the season.

I honestly think his FR year, though, there were legitimate questions about whether or not JB would have given that many minutes to a FR SG who was shooting so poorly at the onset of his career if the player's name wasn't Boeheim. Buddy's playing time vs his 3pt% ratio was a clear statistical outlier for a FR guard for a good portion of that season. I think that was a legitimate point to raise, but at the same time I also think JB obviously had a much clearer view of how Buddy could potentially develop as opposed to a typical incoming FR that JB would have only known for a few months. His trust in his son has certainly paid off, but it does make me wonder if there were other players during his tenure who could have developed sooner had he exhibited the same level of trust.

I don't think anybody talked about favoritism regarding Buddy last year.
He was an All ACC caliber player and lit the country on fire the last month of the season.
There was one game where buddy had something like 6 TOs in the first half, but JB wouldn't put him on the bench at all. That's the only time I recall people talking plainly about favoritism last year.

Edit - it was only 5 turnovers, but it was the UVA game in January, and Buddy was off all around that game.

Last edited:
Before Buddy got hot in March there was plenty of beef going around on this board about his minutes. I even think JB was asked about it in pressers and he said he has to stay on the floor because he can get hot at anytime.
I never had a problem with Buddy’s minutes as I know what he is capable of, the other guy, that’s another story.

Still couldn't find it going through the website. However, thanks to OrangeXtreme above I just went to the link cuse.com/storied.

Episode 2 was great. Really looking forward to the rest :)

Great episode. Nice to see so many players that come back and have that strong relationship with Boeheim (particularly after all the transfers from last season).

Call me crazy... but I am starting to think this series was set up for a rather large announcement in episode 5.

Call me crazy... but I am starting to think this series was set up for a rather large announcement in episode 5.

The videos have been released at 8 PM every Tuesday.

The season opener is at 7 PM.

Unless they're going to show the last video at halftime or bump the release up?

The videos have been released at 8 PM every Tuesday.

The season opener is at 7 PM.

Unless they're going to show the last video at halftime or bump the release up?

Even if my theory is wrong, I cant imagine they would release at halftime either way. The only plausible explanation to releasing at halftime is to announce it - but JB would never allow that imo.

I’ve have a little bit of information on the coming episode. Someone that I know son is the SU barber and is part of the show.

Stay tuned.

What are you thinking they could possibly announce? It's not like a 44 announcement in football, my mind can't conceive of what it could possibly be.

What are you thinking they could possibly announce? It's not like a 44 announcement in football, my mind can't conceive of what it could possibly be.

JB retiring at end of year.

but im pretty sure he squashed that theory since that post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom