SU beats Clemson | Syracusefan.com

SU beats Clemson

kcsu

Living Legend
Watched the game again. Watched most of them again. Im 1000% convinced that regardless of our record this year SU should extend and secure Dino for as long as possible now.
Dare to be great go all in now as if Whit waits until the wins come it will be too late.
Dino is the perfect coach for us. It isnt if with him only when.

I agree with this but the unfortunate fact is theres only a few hundreds die hards and tens of thousands of casuals.

Wins need to happen, aces need to be in the seats.

There’s no doubt in my mind dino’s the guy.

An extension will happen at the appropriate time. As people pointed out in last year's contract extension thread, Wildhack and Dino have weekly meetings. I'm they have a good feel for the situation.

Are we sure an extension matters? I'm a Dino fan, by and large, but I feel there are a ton of issues that could potentially lead to his leaving for a better opportunity if it presented itself. An extension could provide some more return if he were to leave, but I'm not sure it makes him any likelier to stay.

Are we sure an extension matters? I'm a Dino fan, by and large, but I feel there are a ton of issues that could potentially lead to his leaving for a better opportunity if it presented itself. An extension could provide some more return if he were to leave, but I'm not sure it makes him any likelier to stay.
this is true...who the hell honors their contract these days? Pretty much only the coaches who dont get offered better jobs

He’s already been given a raise, as has his staff.

I’m all for Dino, but if we want to extend based on these W/L’s, SS would still be right here.

This is a prove it year. Make some big progress - public extension. More of the same, he’ll quietly move into yr. 4.

I’m all for Dino, but if we want to extend based on these W/L’s, SS would still be right here.

This is a prove it year. Make some big progress - public extension. More of the same, he’ll quietly move into yr. 4.

Those W/L are of a different quality, IMO

But I agree. Needs to take a step this year

The SS trajectory would probably have been down towards 1-11/2-12 given incoming players and style of play.

We saw a glimpse of what SU can do in that Clemson game and to add to that LSU/Miami until the team was beat up, especially on D, and faded away. Unless we see this team look disorganized/lost and getting beat in too many areas of the ball and look like somebodies little brother playing against his brother and friends (slow and small), I am firmly in Babers camp for 6 years.

That said...this depth issue has to be addressed because to be honest I'm a little annoyed it is an excuse but understand Babers has not had his full cycle of 5 years to recruit. This team NEEDS to catch a break on injuries and downgrading the OOC schedule is a good start to that, which they have thankfully done.

the raise to me is futile if a REALLY big program comes calling and he has any inkling of leaving anyway. I wouldn't day trade his contract and decide to up him after every big win. Wildhack has to know if he's long term or not and i'm sure he has a decent inkling of that.

Very good point. Think of the buyout as an insurance policy. If he blows up even a match might not be enough to keep him. The consolation prize is a war chest for the next staff.

The SS trajectory would probably have been down towards 1-11/2-12 given incoming players and style of play.

Maybe, maybe not. I’m not saying one was better than the other, just that an extension isn’t really necessary yet. Especially given the raises.

That said...this depth issue has to be addressed because to be honest I'm a little annoyed it is an excuse but understand Babers has not had his full cycle of 5 years to recruit. This team NEEDS to catch a break on injuries and downgrading the OOC schedule is a good start to that, which they have thankfully done.
I think the current depth issues are less talent and more injuries. Unless we have 17 DEs this challenge is hard to solve. We have like 4 ends who are nicked up. I am OK with them not playing hurt in camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom