SU-Duke game thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU-Duke game thread

There seems to be a lot of leg wraps out there at the moment, seem to have a lot banged up! Randy seemed fine though cant see him being out for long! seems to be a mystery to the coaches also as per what Desko said at the press conference

Obviously, you have never faced off- sore hammies, knees, wrists, fingers, etc can add up. A little rest wouldn't hurt before the really big games.

They are playing one game a week , shouldn't be an issue.

These kids play in summer tourneys where they play 3 or 4 games a day.

There seems to be a lot of leg wraps out there at the moment, seem to have a lot banged up! Randy seemed fine though cant see him being out for long! seems to be a mystery to the coaches also as per what Desko said at the press conference
Randy had noticeable limp and that make this fan nervous with his history. I would think he would try to give it a go versus Albany, but I wouldn't be suprised if he was out for two more weeks.

Randy had noticeable limp and that make this fan nervous with his history. I would think he would try to give it a go versus Albany, but I wouldn't be suprised if he was out for two more weeks.
A force but he should not return until at full health. 19 goals vs Duke speaks volumes about the depth of our offensive talent. No need for him to rush back agaisnt anyone.

They are playing one game a week.

Getting worn down shouldn't be an issue.
True. And I'm not suggesting that we should put the kid on a shelf. But in games where we're up 8-10 goals or more, why take a risk?

He's already tweaked his shoulder once ... and with his importance to the success of this year's team, I'd hate to see him get nicked up towards the end of the year.

True. And I'm not suggesting that we should put the kid on a shelf. But in games where we're up 8-10 goals or more, why take a risk?

He's already tweaked his shoulder once ... and with his importance to the success of this year's team, I'd hate to see him get nicked up towards the end of the year.

I agree how valuable he is, and it doesn't hurt to get other guys game time, but at the end of the day the risk isn't any greater 1st vs 4th quarter. Now they could change it up with a big lead that instead of trying to win it himself or get caught up in scrum to kick out to the wings.

Don't go over to lax power. A poster over there says he is hearing staats out for year. Really hope that's somebody just looking to stir the pot.

I don't think we'll see him this week, but don't think he'll be out for a year!

Don't go over to lax power. A poster over there says he is hearing staats out for year. Really hope that's somebody just looking to stir the pot.

What thread was it under? Must have been removed I don't see any post over there about Staats.

Its there...a poster said something to the effect of "people at the game told me that he was probably out for the year." Not sure what people he was referring to. That guy who has been selling programs at the Dome since I was a kid? The post is totally unsubstantiated.

I think the most telling thing we can go by is Desko's demeanor and body language in the press conference after the game. He discussed Staats for several questions and follows up and did not seem that concerned, and certainly not "he may be out for the year" concerned. I think we'll see him this year.

If he had a season ending injury, it would have been announced. And he would have been on crutches at the game.

Leads me to believe that it's a sprain and not a tear. Takes a couple of weeks to get better.

Its there...a poster said something to the effect of "people at the game told me that he was probably out for the year." Not sure what people he was referring to. That guy who has been selling programs at the Dome since I was a kid? The post is totally unsubstantiated.

I think the most telling thing we can go by is Desko's demeanor and body language in the press conference after the game. He discussed Staats for several questions and follows up and did not seem that concerned, and certainly not "he may be out for the year" concerned. I think we'll see him this year.

Must be a post under the Syracuse thread, I must have skimmed over it. Certainly anything is possible when it comes to injuries but I find odd he would get hurt in the first quarter of a game then be able to come back in shortly after finish the game including scoring a goal at the end and jumping up and down and now he is out for the year. I know outoftownie mentioned that he saw Staats with a noticeable limp so I certainly will take his word for it but when I watched it on TV he seemed to be moving fairly well and didnt appear to be using crutches or have some sort of boot/brace on. The Albany game will tell me a lot on how severe this is, if he misses that game I will definitely be concered. Losing him for the year would be a massive blow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom