SU Football Chat Scheduled for Tuesday Night at 7 PM | Syracusefan.com

SU Football Chat Scheduled for Tuesday Night at 7 PM

Is there a chance someone can PM me the chat transcript? Work pulled me away until the very end...

Thanks in advance.

Is there a chance someone can PM me the chat transcript? Work pulled me away until the very end...

Thanks in advance.

I am camping with limited reception...if anyone has it, I'd appreciate it too. Thanks!

Thanks in advance.
I was also unavailable and would appreciate if anyone would be willing to share a transcript.

Me as well, but if not I understand
I understand the transcripts aren't posted, but if that changedoesn't please include me in a PM as well! Work getting in the way of everything theses days.

i would be happy with just the gist of the chat, optimism, trepidation, scary?
I would characterize the mood as guarded optimism. The media has had very limited access to seeing the team practice but things appear to be going very well so far....

Last edited:
thanks.. i had last night of golf league and couldnt hit up the chat..

Yes, a transcript if available would be tremendous... thank you!

I understand the transcripts aren't posted, but if that changedoesn't please include me in a PM as well! Work getting in the way of everything theses days.

I would understand not wanting it publicly posted, but I thought I had seen people messaging these in the past. I could be wrong, but I don't see the harm if someone has it. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Ditto on something getting sent via PM. It's hard to make these on the west coast!

In a perfect world these would be held at 9 or 10 pm eastern for me... kids, work, etc. make 7pm an impossibility.

i would be happy with just the gist of the chat, optimism, trepidation, scary?
To all requesting a transcript, I feel compelled by the apparent lack of goodwill to relate an "almost"...I had the damn thing selected and was in the middle of pasting it to my clipboard when I was booted from the chatroom. My pasting operation quickly went to hell as I scrambled to figire out what the problem was and log back in. In short, almost.

I too, would appreciate a transcript, if there is an evil genius somewhere stuffing people's inboxes. If not, no foul.

Several takeaways when I reflect on what Bailey had to share: first and foremost is that everyone is very much in the dark as a result of Babers obvious efforts to manage expectations. I think this is interesting because of the balance between giving valuable info away to opponents, the aforementioned expectations, and alienating the fanbase by going dark. I think he's done a good job walking the line.
The second thing that sticks out is that the culture being established is about what happens on the field. Nothing is sacred with this staff, everyone is going to be squeezed to get what's best out of them - I think that shows in all the apparent half-position changes and split group time that we are hearing about - but in the end it's admirable, the proposition is 'show me what you got...if it's what we need to win you get to represent'.
Last,I had the opportunity to ask about oline, and his answer essentially echoed what everyone suspects, interior looks solid, the tackle situation is very much in flux and will most likely be the biggest limitation this year. I feel like I've said several times, so much of this years succes hinges on what we get in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and particularly on the edges on both sides.

So there you go. Runteldat!

In the very eloquent words of sutomcat:

The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble. The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.

Sorry, folks

I am sorry for all of you who missed the chat but unfortunately, like anything, there will never be a day or time that works for everyone.
And to the great crowd we had last night thanks for coming and asking your questions.