SU Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

SU Georgetown

Last Gtown Su game in the big east i got so drunk at Clyde’s, started at 8am for noon game, left at half time because Cuse was getting wrecked and too hammered. Good times! I did get to meet BillOrange and Jake!

Scored some tickets. Best SU bar in the area? Any hotel recommendations? Thanks?
Sign of the whale was the designated SU bar per the local alumni association when we lived in DC about 7 or 8 ish years ago, not sure if it still is. The bar itself is pretty mundane but SU crowd.

Last Gtown Su game in the big east i got so drunk at Clyde’s, started at 8am for noon game, left at half time because Cuse was getting wrecked and too hammered. Good times! I did get to meet BillOrange and Jake!

I was there as well and a total blur haha...I do remember stumbling down the escalator at the end of game and being entertainment for the hoya faithful. Such a fun weekend tho, that chinese food after the game saved my life

66-55 Dartmouth with 4:25 to go in the game.

G'town is having trouble defending Dartmouth's 3-point shooters, who are 15 for 37 (40.5%) at this point.

Clyde’s is the way to go. Get there early or risk standing room only. Depending on the size of your group, I like the corner seats at the bar at the back left downstairs. I also get there before doors open and stumble the 15 feet to the arena entrance for the game . The sea of Orange and random “Let’s Go Orange” chants that erupt both inside and out of a huge bar immediately next door to their home arena is enormously satisfying. Prepare to meet many board members and other awesome fans.

Unfortunately it looks like I will not be making the trip this year.

Edit: I should say the back left corner of the bar on the right.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for tickets for Saturday's game, here's a link to tickets with a $10 promo code for certain sections. Sadly, the promo code is "HOYASWIN". Don't let that distract you from purchasing tickets and turning Capital One Arena into a sea of orange.

I always preferred RFD over Clydes, but unfortunately it closed down a couple of years ago. They had an incredible beer selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom