SU/Gtown series renewed ... now 4 years | Syracusefan.com

SU/Gtown series renewed ... now 4 years

Well we got our nonconference road game so all we need is 2 TBA tomato can home games and our Big Ten home game.

not our rival; would rather we let them circle the drain
It's true that current students and those who have arrived since 2013 will never know the passion. (Ah, 2013...when the Orange departed the Big East with Georgetown's nets after the regional final).

But that's sad because history counts!
(And there's unlikely to be any ACC team to ever fill the void. After all, everyone goes after Duke...but all they really care about is UNC).

For many of us it's still THE game.
And it's been so rewarding to pin last minute losses on that big goof of a coach and - dare I say it - his sidekick Benedict Arnold Orr.

I LOOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!
GO ORANGE!

Frankly, I'd rather play Villanova than Georgetown. The rivalry is long in the rear view mirror. But at least we can beat Georgetown. Maybe.

Georgetown should be better than what they were this season. The expectations for them will be NCAAT or bust. Yurtseven from NC State will be available to play coming off of his transfer year.

Georgetown should be better than what they were this season. The expectations for them will be NCAAT or bust. Yurtseven from NC State will be available to play coming off of his transfer year.
Plus, they started 2 decent frosh guards this past season.

This is great news Georgetown will always be a rivalry. Those who say otherwise are just wrong...Now sign a series with Nova.

Would love a series with Nova, probably more than GTown in all honesty. But not sure I'd do both in the same year with the 20 game conference schedule.

Playing Georgetown appeals to the DC alums and keeps us in DMV.

We should never play another game in CT unless it’s an NCAAT game.

If we play UConn it should be at MSG or in a tournament.

Basically this. I don't care if it's Georgetown, George Washington, or George Mason. It's a chance to see the alma mater play close to home in front of thousands of our fans in a nice NBA arena.

I'm not particularly crazy about this. Georgetown/Syracuse is a shadow of what it was even ten years ago, and in 2019 I'm not sure it matters that much to have a "presence" anywhere tbh.

Love it. My job's new home base is DC and I absolutely bet I can figure out a way to get there on the company's dime and catch a game while I do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom