SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout | Syracusefan.com

SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

New This Year ...

Chicken Sandwich ($9): This is a breaded hunk of white meat is drizzled with a chipotle ranch sauce served on a soft roll with fresh lettuce a few slices of tomato.

The sauce makes this sandwich taste better than the chickens that have passed through the Dome in past years. It tastes like something you’d get from Chick-fil-A or Popeyes.

New Dome food

Chicken Tenders with Fries ($13): These tenders are like something you’d make at home with real boneless chicken cutlets. You get three tenders that fill up half of the cardboard to-go box; fries occupy the other half.

The French fries are new this year. SU migrated to the coated fries that come out crispy, not soggy.

You get your choice of dipping sauces for the chicken: Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or Ken’s honey mustard.

New Dome food

Loud House Cheeseburger with Fries ($13.50): This is so much better than the foil-wrapped hockey pucks from years ago. This is a ⅓-pound of black angus beef with romaine lettuce, a few rings of purple onion, two slices of beefsteak tomatoes and a slice of white American cheese.

What makes this burger better is the grilled bun. You actually get a tiny crunch as you bit into the sandwich. Your mouth will think you’re in a restaurant, not in a stadium.

You can get the burger without the fries for $9. But that’s no fun.

New Dome food

Beer Me! (Various prices): The beer coolers are the biggest change for us beer guzzlers. While you can still buy foamy cups from Dome taps, it’s clear SU is inching toward canned beer.

The debate between canned beer and draft has been going for decades. One might argue that cans keep the flavor stable longer because it’s sealed so tightly and no light can get in. The other side will say draft beer is more fresh because the kegs are changed so frequently. Market data show draft beer and soda sales have plummeted in recent years.

Still, you have plenty of choices at the Dome, and they each have their own price-point. Here’s a breakdown of canned drinks for those over 21 years old:

16-ounce beers ($9): Bud Light, Budweiser, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Michelob Ultra, Coors Light

16-ounce beers ($10): Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fiddlehead IPA, Bell’s Two-Hearted IPA, Ithaca Flower Power IPA, Thin Man Minkey Boodle Sour, 1911 Original Cider

12-ounce canned cocktails ($12): Southern Tier Vodka Madras or Lime Margarita, 1911 Honeycrisp Cocktail, 1911 Gin & Tonic

12-ounce hard seltzers ($10): Truly Wild Berry, White Claw Black Cherry, High Noon Peach Vodka & Soda

Wine ($9): Copa di Vino Chardonnay, Copa di Vino Pino Grigio, Barefoot Spritzer

New This Year ...

Chicken Sandwich ($9): This is a breaded hunk of white meat is drizzled with a chipotle ranch sauce served on a soft roll with fresh lettuce a few slices of tomato.

The sauce makes this sandwich taste better than the chickens that have passed through the Dome in past years. It tastes like something you’d get from Chick-fil-A or Popeyes.

New Dome food

Chicken Tenders with Fries ($13): These tenders are like something you’d make at home with real boneless chicken cutlets. You get three tenders that fill up half of the cardboard to-go box; fries occupy the other half.

The French fries are new this year. SU migrated to the coated fries that come out crispy, not soggy.

You get your choice of dipping sauces for the chicken: Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or Ken’s honey mustard.

New Dome food

Loud House Cheeseburger with Fries ($13.50): This is so much better than the foil-wrapped hockey pucks from years ago. This is a ⅓-pound of black angus beef with romaine lettuce, a few rings of purple onion, two slices of beefsteak tomatoes and a slice of white American cheese.

What makes this burger better is the grilled bun. You actually get a tiny crunch as you bit into the sandwich. Your mouth will think you’re in a restaurant, not in a stadium.

New Dome food

Beer Me! (Various prices): The beer coolers are the biggest change for us beer guzzlers. While you can still buy foamy cups from Dome taps, it’s clear SU is inching toward canned beer.

The debate between canned beer and draft has been going for decades. One might argue that cans keep the flavor stable longer because it’s sealed so tightly and no light can get in. The other side will say draft beer is more fresh because the kegs are changed so frequently. Market data show draft beer and soda sales have plummeted in recent years.

Still, you have plenty of choices at the Dome, and they each have their own price-point. Here’s a breakdown of canned drinks for those over 21 years old:

16-ounce beers ($9): Bud Light, Budweiser, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Michelob Ultra, Coors Light

16-ounce beers ($10): Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fiddlehead IPA, Bell’s Two-Hearted IPA, Ithaca Flower Power IPA, Thin Man Minkey Boodle Sour, 1911 Original Cider

12-ounce canned cocktails ($12): Southern Tier Vodka Madras or Lime Margarita, 1911 Honeycrisp Cocktail, 1911 Gin & Tonic

12-ounce hard seltzers ($10): Truly Wild Berry, White Claw Black Cherry, High Noon Peach Vodka & Soda

no wine slushies?

Definitely appreciate the intent. should improve things immensely.

at fan fest I got stuck behind an elderly couple that were stymied by the whole set up

it will be nice when the massive dome foam lines blocking things is nothing more than legend

Both good but for mass produced sauce I prefer Stubbs.
Really, I was just thinking about promoting regional/local stuff. In the south they're all about promoting southern stuff. They would never consider using something from outside the region and local stuff is used even if it's inferior. It's just how they roll. CNY could benefit from a little more of that.

I can’t believe they added Minkey to the menu. I will drink anything Thin Man produces but never thought I’d see it in the Dome.

SU's craft beer game has come along way the last few years. A lot of it they didn't promote but they at times had some regional ones even before this but the offerings were inconsistent beyond a handful of southern tier Ipas, seasonals and usually a lager or something. I believe they had Fiddlehead back in 2019 but only for like a game or two . Thinman is obviously new, a little surprised just the sour versus an IPA s well but still a good choice. Now if they get Other Half and Grimm then were talking.

Last edited:
SU's craft beer game has come along way the last few years. A lot of it they didn't promote but they at times had some regional ones even before this but the offerings were consistent beyond a handful of southern tier Ipas, seasonals and usually a lager or something. I believe they had Fiddlehead back in 2019 but only for like a game or two . Thinman is obviously new, a little surprised just the sour versus an IPA s well but still a good choice. Now if they get Other Half and Grimm then were talking.

Good for them for carrying a sour tho.

feel like you don’t see that often in big stadiums

Good for them for carrying a sour tho.

feel like you don’t see that often in big stadiums

Agreed, I don't think I ever have outside of the Chiefs. SU had Pumpkin beer from Saranac a few years ago in October which was great but that was only for like 2 games and then it was gone again. Going cans only should give them more consistency. Might be even able to get beer from a certain brewery in the Southern Tier I know.

Agreed, I don't think I ever have outside of the Chiefs. SU had Pumpkin beer from Saranac a few years ago in October which was great but that was only for like 2 games and then it was gone again. Going cans only should give them more consistency. Might be even able to get beer from a certain brewery in the Southern Tier I know.

Perhaps, if cans ever become available again to us small guys……

Really, I was just thinking about promoting regional/local stuff. In the south they're all about promoting southern stuff. They would never consider using something from outside the region and local stuff is used even if it's inferior. It's just how they roll. CNY could benefit from a little more of that.
I agree. Why not have Dino BBQ? Maybe even a “chicken riggie” type sandwich, speedies, salt potatoes? I understand there’s a price point to be made but would be a nice touch

New This Year ...

New Dome food

New Dome food

New Dome food

Not sure I'd describe the lettuce in the first picture as 'fresh'.

SU's craft beer game has come along way the last few years. A lot of it they didn't promote but they at times had some regional ones even before this but the offerings were inconsistent beyond a handful of southern tier Ipas, seasonals and usually a lager or something. I believe they had Fiddlehead back in 2019 but only for like a game or two . Thinman is obviously new, a little surprised just the sour versus an IPA s well but still a good choice. Now if they get Other Half and Grimm then were talking.
I’d even just settle for Surge from Resurgence. And I never thought I’d love a sour but Minkey is wonderful and has gotten me to try a bunch of others.

A drink that’s long overdue that I understand will be available is Orange Crush.