SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet | Syracusefan.com

SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet

Our problem is perception. We all know we may be the best team in the BE right now.

But when we were 2-4, Rutgers and Ville were ranked and earning national attention.

We made a great run but it's tough to overcome what was perceived.

Espn's last projections

BBVA Compass Bowl: Syracuse vs. Ole Miss

Espn's last projections

BBVA Compass Bowl: Syracuse vs. Ole Miss

Jesus from dreams about the Belk to the Compass, what a disaster after a great run to end the season.

Jesus from dreams about the Belk to the Compass, what a disaster after a great run to end the season.

I am not pissed about the actual bowl. I would be pissed about the date seeing its wild card NFL weekend.

I mean lets be serious. Belk vs Duke or Compass vs. Ole Miss?

No brainer Compass.

Well, our record, BCS ranking and following put us in the Compass. We made a great run but Rutgers and Cincy beat us. We'd be in the Pinstripe, which would be fine, but the West Virgina-Pitt matchup is too alluring. We should have been rooting, sadly, for Rutgers against Pitt.

I am not pissed about the actual bowl. I would be pissed about the date seeing its wild card NFL weekend.

No brainer Compass.

I dont disagree but 1/5 for a bowl is ridiculous and lets be honest SU isnt bringing many fans to Birmingham on January 5th.

I dont disagree but 1/5 for a bowl is ridiculous and lets be honest SU isnt bringing many fans to Birmingham on January 5th.

I hear ya. I dont think about that stuff because it is impossible for me to attend a bowl game this time of the year so to me I could give a damn about that. I know for others it does. I care more about the matchup.

Exactly. That's why Compass loves this. They match us up against a program that will bring fans. That's going to be the case most of the time.

Pinstripe would have been perfect, really.

I hear ya. I dont think about that stuff because it is impossible for me to attend a bowl game this time of the year so to me I could give a damn about that. I know for others it does. I care more about the matchup.

Compass is a crappy bowl, though. Decent matchup against an SEC team. But I better give myself a reminder. Otherwise, I'll forget the game is being played.

No brainer Compass.

I was about to say that although Compass doesn't seem like the fan fav here, it would be the only bowl game on that day, potentially meaning more viewership. However, if NFL wild card games are going on at same time, all bets are off. Certainly would rather play Ole Miss from SEC than Duke though.

If the Pinstripe Bowl passes on a c0-Champ Big East for Pitt who won't travel and the WVU fans hate Marvin Graves almost as much as Pitt. Its a joke. The BE should atleast bring up the fact Pitt is leaving the conference as well and they pushed Cincy on the Belk Bowl so push SU on the Stripe people.

Compass is a crappy bowl, though. Decent matchup against an SEC team. But I better give myself a reminder. Otherwise, I'll forget the game is being played.

No offense but are we really going to complain about what bowl we go to seeing its our second one since 2004? I mean we can all say "we are the best team in the BE" but reality is we are a 7-5 team. I dont care how well we are playing now. We should have won either the Rutgers game or the Cincy game and we wouldnt be talking about this right now. I am tired of the we are the best team argument when we didnt get it done. Bottom line no excuses.

I was about to say that although Compass doesn't seem like the fan fav here, it would be the only bowl game on that day, potentially meaning more viewership. However, if NFL wild card games are going on at same time, all bets are off. Certainly would rather play Ole Miss from SEC than Duke though.

Kaiser's worst nightmare.

It is NFL wildcard day.

We'll be the only people watching the game.

The wildcard games are later in the day. Not a tv conflict

I'll be there.

And so will former 'Cuse WR, Warren Prisby - so that's 2 so far.

I might also be there ... I'm only about 3.5 hours away. If I can get the time to go I'll be there.

Well, our record, BCS ranking and following put us in the Compass. We made a great run but Rutgers and Cincy beat us. We'd be in the Pinstripe, which would be fine, but the West Virgina-Pitt matchup is too alluring. We should have been rooting, sadly, for Rutgers against Pitt.
So let me get this straight. Russel selects RU over Syracuse because RU has better record, beat Syracuse and bcs rank. Even though Syracuse/VT would arguably be much more appealing due to Syracuse to ACC, old BE rivalry, better non-conf schedule, more exciting offense, and better finish to season. Then the Pinstripe goes ahead and will take Pitt to match up with WVU because of the allure of the "Backyard Brawl", even though Syracuse has better record, better bcs rank, and BEAT pitt? Ya this whole bowl selection process is BS.

No offense but are we really going to complain about what bowl we go to seeing its our second one since 2004? I mean we can all say "we are the best team in the BE" but reality is we are a 7-5 team. I dont care how well we are playing now. We should have won either the Rutgers game or the Cincy game and we wouldnt be talking about this right now. I am tired of the we are the best team argument when we didnt get it done. Bottom line no excuses.

Once everyone started talking about a possible Backyard Brawl matchup, I knew we were screwed.

We need to get into the ACC where there's better bowl games.

I'd be happy with the Military Bowl at this point.

Let's be honest your'e being negative as usual. Do you think Rutgers or Cincy will bring more fans? The answer is no so stop with that argument.

Once everyone started talking about a possible Backyard Brawl matchup, I knew we were screwed.

We need to get into the ACC where there's better bowl games.

I'd be happy with the Military Bowl at this point.

Roger that

I blame the BE office, they are so bitter to SU they will do every little tweak they can to us. The refs have been aholes to us this year, the office is bitter we basically destroyed the conference. Cincy to Belk is all about the BE telling them to take them over us. I hope we never play Providence College in basketball again.